View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 10:40 PM
Knower

Hi

I can see that you're new. I'm not that old myself. but welcome to SP.

can you explain what the spinning feels like a little more.
do you mean your head is spinning in a way like when we get light headed?
or is it happening elsewhere in your body.
is it a perception that you are spinning yourself?

some illumination there may help 'diagnose' the sensation.

however, I will say this. while there are common sensations during meditation that people will experience
each person still experiences it very differently.
the sensations, reactions, after affects, etc. are almost as unique to the individual sometimes.

in general, meditation is possible with either eyes closed or open.
we mostly prefer closed as to darken the mental space. but sometimes I find that the outside is more peaceful, so I'll open my eyes.
or if I close them, its specifically to heighten other sensations like scent and sound. (specially when I'm in nature, ironically)

also, the rise and fall of 'flow' (I presume that's what you mean) is normal.
sometimes the flow can stay steady, but I find that ebb and flow are more common for me too.
the full or consistent stream vs rise and fall is all good. your body often knows what it needs and how it needs it
so it will go ahead and facilitate or receive/call as it needs, and also as much as your own mind body and emotions can handle.

any color and sensations are nice. the blue is a color of higher chakras. starting at the throat, and going upwards until they reach to a purple at the crown, and golden should we be so lucky, but that's not a color I think that is seen- not sure.
seeing color can indicate a many things, either this is the strength or channel of that energy, so it illuminates you
sometimes we see the colors we need to work on. its weird that diagnostically they can be opposites,
but you learn to understand. in your case it sounds like the former since it is in the slip out more so, specially your lightness and energy
that is wonderful. smile and enjoy it.
I rarely see color. mostly lights streams that expand and contract and take different shape.
I once saw everything in purple hues for one full day, but that was after a guided meditation specifically for the crown chakra
during a spiritual retreat. so the energy was strong and intense, and the circumstances all together made it so.

as to sleep that is also normal. your body has a excess energy just absorbed in, and an energy that relaxes you.
your body is fed by this energy, and it is quite satisfying for sure.
I've gone days with no sleep. but be careful, this is not good long term. make sure that even if you don't sleep too much
you still give your body a few hours of 'horizontal time'. (that's what I call it haha)
sleep is a natural need for all living things. it is also when our immune system kicks in and starts doing its thing,
and when our subconscious and mind do their restful processing. physically and psychologically sleep is very important

sometimes I'll do a whole horizontal day, specially if I've crossed my 1 week allowed limit. so yes. get your two hours, enjoy them. but give your body also more. while its quite nice at first, specially because you are high on such natural energy
eventually this can be injurious, and actually even more so because and when
when you are absorbing more Prana or life force energy into you.
your body needs to be rested properly in order to welcome this new knowledge into it in the best way possible.

so yeah. even if you can't sleep. just tell your body it is sleep time anyway and lay long enough for it. you can meditate then too if you like.
but stay horizontal at least another 2 hours. don't watch tv. or fidget on phone. these will drain the rest energy you're intending.

with the spinning stuff, accelerations are normal when your practice and 'tapping into' gets deeper / higher.
it is good to educate yourself to what's happening to you, so fantastic being here asking.
but also couple that with faith and trust in the healing meditation and the process of it.
your chakras are opening up in new ways and exploring themselves with you. think of it as a partnership
between you and your spiritual body, going in together and learning each other and collaborating on this beautiful journey onwards.
each of you has knowledge that the other may not, but both of you can trust each other and that your combined knowing
is serving you to the best of your needs.

may I suggest you start journaling if you don't already.
there is no rule to how or what you journal. but keep a place handy where your subconscious mind will be able to voice itself sometimes
once your chakras start opening up and this experience takes you in more
its nice to befriend yourself and your thoughts and emotions.
this will help create more inner awareness for you, which will enlighten the meditation experience as well.

best of luck

hope I helped.
oh , and if you still want to see what the spinning may denote,
please do give more detail. I'm no expert, haha, and my diagnosis may be wrong
but I have a very 'curious' and 'scientific' approach. for no reason other than how my mind works.
I can't help it. lol.
also, I'm here because a lot of new and different things are happening to me during my own meditations.
and I also want to understand them.
I feel sharing our experience in such detail as you did, will help me extend my learning and understanding.
see where I can make connections, draw similarities, etc, in my pursuit to know the anatomy of our energy bodies
and how to work with them.

salam and love

Fats