View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 09:31 AM
Master

For 13-years continuously, starting back in the 1970’s, I studied a Tarot course from a Qabbalistic point of view. It did not put emphasis on reading the cards rather it put emphasis on using the Major Arcana as a tool for spiritual development. The whole thing was oriented towards the Hebrew Qabbalah, how the tarot fit on the Tree of Life, the Cube of Space, and it contained Hermetic Philosophy and somewhat of a Theosophical approach. It also drew correlations between the 52-deck of cards and the tarot.

This is a method that is not widely embraced, nonetheless, I got a tremendous amount of benefit from it along the lines of consciousness development. The first thing each student did in this course, under supervision, was to create their own tarot deck from scratch, Coloring in the pictures and learning the archetypal symbols in the cards, etc.

This course drew a correlation between most divination tools and showed how numerology, astrology, etc., were incorporated in the tarot cards. So my suggestion is to expand on tarot practice beyond reading the cards, and I would be happy to offer what knowledge I have from the coursework which I still have. That said, I don’t know how popular and approach like this would be because it may be contrary to what most practice, but it does contain exercises, like the Magic Squares, where one can gain instant insights. Just a suggestion that says expand and go beyond popular practices.