Thread: Despair.
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2020, 10:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
I'm not sure it's the passage you're thinking of, but I did find a passage along similar lines about a quarter of the way down this webpage:

http://www.byronevents.net/nisargadatta/that9.htm

The passage begins: 'Q: Sir, I am an humble seeker, wandering from Guru to Guru in search of release.' (I found the passage by searching the webpage for the word 'despair', by pressing CTRL+F and then entering the word in the box that comes up.)

Thanks. That is not the passage but an interesting example of what Niz regarded as slow realization through meditation, on which he gives helpful advise. It seems clear therefore that he feels practise (slow), in this example meditation, can result in realization without despair being necessary. It is particularly interesting that when he is asked "What discovers?", his answer is "The mind". That has been my own feeling because it feels like the mind that conducts the search so it would not be surprising if it was mind that discovered the solution and presented that to the seeker in order for resonance and realization to occur. I am aware that realization by the mind is not regarded as valid by tradition and some Neo Advaita teachers such as Tony Parsons.

I have read the passage I am lookng for in my own copy which is lost but have not been able to find the passage since on line. Trying to find continues. Thank you for your reply.