View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 08:50 PM
leadville

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
Good idea.

By 'OP' I meant 'Original Post'

I am totally au fait with 'op' referring to the 'original poster' or 'original posting'.

Quote:
Point 9, from the first post, is this:

I did read Point 9, the one Still Water wrote and I referred earlier to having done that.

Quote:
Perhaps I missed something, but is this not what the topic is about? Are you talking about one thing while I am talking about another?

We're going round in circles. I did say I had looked back to Point 9. That was just one point among many others. The reason I looked again was to get the context of the point - the thread did start in January so it's quite a time since I'd been involved.

Quote:
You do seem to be arguing for what the topic is about and what has been said - so, what do you think it is about if not the topic of the thread?

Doesn't this just make my point about keeping discussions to one topic? To be clear about the situation the point you've asked about - Point 9 - is simply one point from 11 points. It is NOT the topic of the thread. It's one topic raised for discussion in the context of 'On Conception and Abortions --- From A Spiritist Perspective' If memory serves me well at the time I discussed points about both Spiritism and Spiritualism as part of a conversation with Still Waters, the man who started this thread.

Quote:
Previous question aside, I just have to talk about this. This is the same kind of thing I was just talking about.

Who created the universe? God did.

What is God? I have no idea. Another name I have for God is 'mystery'. I attribute all mysteries of the universe to 'God', because that's as far as I can get. So it follows that God, having created the universe, also wrote 'natural law'.

How would you explain it?

I'm not sure I should be trying to explain to anyone a concept that one of our most respected teacher/guides declared difficult to explain. But let's go with the simple stuff. God didn't write any thing. God hasn't ever written any thing. The natural law won't be found written in some tome. God isn't a person or thing. My responses are not in any particular order of importance or significance.

Quote:
And I apologize again, but I have a terrible habit of asking questions. Some people grow out of it, but I never did - in fact, the older I get, it seems the more I grow into it.

You don't have to apologise for asking questions. It's a terrible habit only if you someone doesn't stay on topic and/or doesn't build a dialogue and respond to points made.

I write extensively elsewhere and I constantly ask questions. You're not unique and I don't find you awkward if that's any concern for you. I ask questions to try to stimulate others with their thinking and perhaps to get them asking questions in return.