View Single Post
Old 13-05-2020, 11:19 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
What one sees in life is not only dependent on how long they have been looking, but on whether they have their eyes open and fixed ahead, or can only look away in disgust. It can depend on whether one already has something in their eye. A pair of dark sun glasses can make even the bright of day seem dim, and at dusk can make seeing clearly nearly impossible. Of course, we really don't see a world out there at all, only the one our minds create within us. This is true whether one believes only in the physical brain of biological science, or in some deeper form of consciousness that is creating it all.
And yes, most of my life I have wondered why I even came to this party and whether I should stay. Even after all the hard knocks and fascinating lessons life has taught me, there is still a little boy who likes to tug at my pant leg and say "This movie sucks, I am bored, when can we go?" To which I keep responding, "Just a bit longer, I want to see this next part?" We have been playing this tug of war for quite a while now but we seem to muddle through. The plot of the story seems to be a rather complicated one, slow to develop, hard if not impossible to follow, but it does seem to eventually be emerging and to be leading somewhere, though I couldn't begin to guess how it ends. It really is a harrowing and often sad, though also beautiful story. The soundtrack is quite amazing to listen to as well, except of course when my little boy interrupts and talks over it.

Fair point about wanting to see the next part. Unless it's all very predictable... I already know how this movie will end and I'd prefer it to stop right now in the middle rather than being forced to watch till the end. And knowing myself better than anyone else, I'm pretty much 100% positive that I haven't voluntarily participated to watch this nonsense movie. Speaking about movies, I'd definitely like to meet this moron who directs it and decides who gets which role. Hypothetically spoken of course, because I'm a total nihilist and don't believe in a meaning behind anything.