View Single Post
Old 18-04-2020, 05:05 PM
Master
What IS the Garden of You...really?

All,

While considering how to answer a superb question from Honza, one of our Spiritual Forums colleagues, I didn't realize that the primary sources of the answer would come from both Hamlet and Neville Goddard (see the reference below).

Since I first began this thread three years ago in 2017 entitled, "The Garden of You", I didn't know that the reason for it would came from a feeling that is so well described by Neville Goddard's lecture "Your Supreme Dominion"....that I only saw this week, I just had to include it here in the Garden of You thread.

Succinctly, The Garden of You is God as You.

Our own Being "....is called Eden and man was placed within it to keep it and to care it, for the garden of God is man. It is the mind of man. You never find a garden unless a man is present, for without a man there would be a forest of wilderness. But when a man is placed in it he begins to cut the trees or the seeds of wrong thinking; he clears the ground and he cultivates the ground, and then plants wisely. Then you will have dominion, for you will select the seed you will plant, the ideas you will entertain, and you will cultivate them. Knowing the outer world constantly bears witness of the inner arrangement of mind, you will only select the things you want to project into the living garment of your Father. For the whole vast world round about you is a living garment worn by your Father."

"You and I can know a thing mentally by looking at it from the outside, by comparing it with other things, by analyzing it, by defining it, by even giving a description of it." Some of you may recognize this method of "knowing" as Science, right? Goddard goes on to say "... but we can know a thing spiritually only by becoming it. We must be the thing itself if we would know that thing spiritually."

That is the difference between Science (knowing by attempting to describe it) and Spirit (knowing by actually being it).

It is said that God made man in His own image. In other words, as Neville Goddard states: "We must be God like if we would know what God is. For God made me, not out of something other than Himself; He made me perfect, so He made me by becoming me. There was no other way in the world that God could have made me unless He became me." By placing His Own Being in the Garden of man's being, "God became man that He may know man in the only way that He could know anything.."

What IS this precious gift? Why so much ado about "sowing" this "Garden"?

So that we can "reap righteous (right-use) knowledge of this precious gift" God intended for us to "real-eyes" spiritually....by actually being US.

So that "...we can know a thing spiritually only by becoming it. We must be the thing itself if we would know that thing spiritually. We must be in love if we would know love.

....exactly AS God, does, from the very heart of US

We have always been Who we truly are, awaiting our own remembrance on Earth, that I AM THAT I AM as in Heaven.
Guthrio

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...5&postcount=26 Do you think that life on earth is poor?
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 18-04-2020 at 09:42 PM. Reason: clarify inputs