View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 02:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
When running meditation groups, I often advise beginners to sit with their eyes "half open" gazing at the floor at a 45 degree angle. Closed eyes can induce sleep while open eyes (initially) leaves them open to distractions which they may not be able to handle initially. Eventually, of course, it does not matter whether the eyes are open or closed. I do both depending on the setting.

Regarding the open eyes and "seeing" in that state, I was discussing meditation with an acquaintance many years ago and the discussion alone can draw me into a meditative state. While we were talking, he indicated that the spirit of his uncle, with whom he had a problematic relationship when he uncle was on the earth plane, was in the room with us at that moment. I looked at my staircase and saw a figure standing there. I asked him if his uncle was a tall, thin man standing on the third stair. He was stunned that I saw him too exactly where he saw him and the description was accurate. Although my eyes were open and we were both seeing the same thing, I reflected on that more afterwards. Were we having a joint hallucination? Was I picking up his projected thoughts telepathically? Was the higher power manifesting as his uncle before our eyes? Was it literally the spirit of his uncle? Could there be other explanations?

This happened with my eyes fully open. You raise an interesting point.
When I meditate, I meditate with eyes open and rock from side to side. The rocking keeps me awake but it also gives me depth perception. By doing this, some things seem to be 'appearing' which I thought were distant but in reality, appear to be 'manifesting' themselves within my aura.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜