View Single Post
Old 28-11-2019, 01:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
>>>>
By the time I read this much I have been submerged in a lake of self contradictions and oxymoronic comments . I haven't read spirit spam like this in years

I, for one, understand your frustration. I'm permanently frustrated - but in a friendly and healthy way I hasten to add. All of the Seth books have been part of my reading matter over the years, years during which I've read just about everything, yes, everything there is to be had on the metaphysical market. Very few of these publications have ever created an impression on my mind with the exception of a few among which are - 'Varieties of Religious Experience' by William James, then 'DR Bucke Revisted (Cosmic Conciousness)' by Pearl Hawkins, 'Mind Power' by Walter Atkinson (1908) and a few books (in German only) by Armin Risi a Swiss writer who has an unbelievable gateway to his inner 'universe'. There are some others but the above will suffice.

What I really want to ask is from where did Jane Roberts get all this information? How did she use her mind that she could in some way deliver quite acceptable, deeply instructive, eye-opening explanations sometimes twisted but/and complicated issues directly targeted at widely-asked questions. Her tendency to imbibe doesn't appear to be so strong that she was affected but in You Tube videos she does seem to be 'possessed' in some way.

As we know from split-personality cases (as they were once called) anything is possible.

I don't believe in channeling although there are many instances of it both famous and infamous stemming from various sources. Especially the happenings after the death of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes) appear to be remarkable. In my opinion we underestimate the scope of our imaginations and as this thread is concerned with the mission of Jesus we should note that history has been mainly created by exactly this force - imagination.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.