View Single Post
Old 13-12-2018, 12:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Such an awesome story and thanks for sharing it.

"Master A" reminds me about Dakshinamurthy who taught in total silence...or basically, he did not seek students....He just sits there in Samadhi, all blissed out and not caring either way...he'll just sit like that for months...for years..and the very few who can understand what state he is in, will just sit at his feet and get Shaktipat osmosis...Just like the seven Rishis and the Sanat Kumaras did. Silence is the best teacher because it forces one to directly confront their monkey-mind and try to stop the internal noise.

You're absolutely right on target when you mention Dakshinamurti who did indeed teach in total silence. As you duly noted, he did not seek students and, according to the story I had read, he had just four disciples.

Silence is indeed the best teacher.

I've been fortunate to have connected with several "Master A" and "Master B" types as well as the pervasive "Master C" types. Nisargadatta Maharaj has stated that "there are numerous primary teachers to teach the alphabet" and I equate that with the "Master C" types and those who are even more primary than that.

Thanks for sharing.

Om Namah Shivay !