View Single Post
Old 17-10-2018, 04:48 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile

So you can't get on medical/disability benefits for your condition? I would suggest work with seniors, or work with animals. Something that is needed if you want to be self-employed: offer a shopping/transit service for seniors and shut-ins. Do their shopping for them. Taxi them back and forth to the shopping center and help them while they shop. One-on-one work with people who are older, wiser and calmer, and who would appreciate a helping hand or sympathetic ear. Or animals who only require love.

So far my therapist has not mentioned getting on disability, nor has she suggested medication or medical marijuana for my anxiety. I am not cut out for working with people, but I do like some animals (just not a dog person, lol) I love cats though. I have been trying to find a cat sitting job but a lot of them don't really pay (they're mostly housesitting jobs who let you stay there instead of paying you).

Quote:
Long-term therapy is helpful for serious emotional issues. It sounds like you are just ultra-sensitive. I am too since I recovered from depression. I haven't been to a movie or restaurant in years, it's too much being in a room with noisy, unfamiliar energy. I bought a house in the country, in nature. 99% of my social time is spent with the birds, animals, trees ocean and sky. That's my therapy and it has worked for me. All the best, you seem like a lovely soul and that is all that counts. It's just unfortunate you aren't free to just be that in life, it's heart-breaking really.

Thanks! And sorry you had to go through this too, sounds like you were worse than me. I can go out to movies and restaurants, as long as I don't have to work in public places. I would LOVE to live where you are and be surrounded by nature, that was my goal but I don't have enough money.