View Single Post
Old 27-05-2018, 06:20 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
With such limitations does that not diminish the power of manifesting, and of affirmations. You can put out, and manifest something... But it may not work for you. If it's not for you. [/i]

I think one of the issues with manifesting and affirmations and the lot is a question of just who "I" am. Am "I" the person living the current life, who has to deal with unpleasant people, keeping a job, paying bills, etc. or am "I" the SOUL that has accumulated millennia of learning and lessons and promises?

My guess is that if the "I" that is the overarching culmination of me decides to manifest something, it will probably work. That would mean it was in alignment with whatever I plan to accomplish in this lifetime. It would be helpful to achieving my goals.

If, however, I attempted to manifest something that the "I" that leads my ordinary everyday life and deals with everyday wants and desires... I doubt very much that it would work.

So on one level (the SOUL level) I have total freedom and freewill.

On the "current life" level I only have freedom and freewill if it aligns with what my SOUL level deems acceptable. Not the Universe or God or anything else. Just what a more knowing part of myself judges to be right and good and appropriate.

So if I vowed to learn simplicity and patience, compassion and thrift in this lifetime... yeah I might try to manifest a large windfall, but I really doubt it would come to pass. But if my lessons this time around are more aligned with charity, benevolence, and learning what it is like to have adequate resources, then the same manifestation would probably work.

The trick is to know why you came back, and what the plan for your life is.