View Single Post
Old 13-11-2017, 06:34 PM
Master
'When we’re always moving forward, we can’t be aware of what’s unconsciously being held on to. Because we’re thinking, and planning, and doing… Being somebody… Taking care of business… I’m always amazed what a relief it is to stop. Even in the midst of unbelievable demands and activity and responsibility, an ever-lengthening to-do list. The only way to let go is to bring into consciousness that which is unconscious. It’s very dirty work!' - Jon Bernie

'Usually we stop feeling by thinking. We separate from feeling by analyzing or compartmentalizing, by the ways we define things. The mental realm is very often mostly a defense mechanism. So of course in so many traditions, wisdom is basically equated with not knowing.' - JB

'If as a culture, as a species, we continue to dwell in a divided state of consciousness, no matter what we change on the outside, we will continue to manifest division. But each of us who comes into the natural, simple, undivided state is making a contribution to all beings - without trying, without taking any credit, without even knowing it. When you become undivided in your own consciousness, you become part of the manifestation of unity. You come to know that enlightenment is extraordinarily wonderful and profound, but also very simple.' - Adyashanti
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinoftheMoor
The instructions are a bit coarse...I was hoping that quotations, or paraphrases from the imaginary tablemates would be used...
Ah, I see. Nice idea, but probably best to start a separate thread.

Last edited by A human Being : 13-11-2017 at 07:41 PM.