View Single Post
Old 15-10-2017, 02:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
The general consensus seems to be, that once you shift and have the realization of “Oneness” - that is it - you are now awake and no longer dreaming.
But can: Everything is present, yet nobody is home … be a dreaming state as well?

I question this, because (getting into biographical stories here) “I have experienced” 3 (4) different awakenings from within different spiritual cultural perspectives/settings.

And yes, the core realization has been the same in each, but the curious thing is, that those moments of enter into the dimension beyond time and space came with perfectly timed (synchronistic), spontaneously manifested, highly specific cultural wrappings/phenomena unfolding “on cue” to witness.

A myth is just a myth and a pointer story until you wake up within one (or go lucid in your dream) and then the elements/symbols and the power of that myth become direct inner knowing as they spontaneously manifest and unfold.

I recently read:

So is non-duality a trance i.e. a dream state of consciousness?

Non-duality basically means there is no separate individual volitional person. That is the illusion which creates all suffering. If he who suffers ceases, then that's the end of that. I think that's a fair summary of the ND paradigm.