View Single Post
Old 29-04-2017, 01:06 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma

You can listen to the whole conversation here for a limited time while it's up on the livestream: Link Click on the Conversations video for Day 33. The part about the causal body and the chakras begins at 27:17

I have listened to parts of it now. Is this in Holland by the way?
The woman behind the laptop has a definite dutch accent.

Anyway about feeling or living or understanding it in the subtle..
I have to agree that certain aspects of life are felt in certain areas of the body. One example I remember him writing about is when holding you child the area in the middle of your chest starts expanding.

Now as I understand it he calls that the feeling of an expanding heart chakra. In my view that feeling can have a different explanation. As can the subtle pressure people feel in their head when they access their 3d eye. If we agree to call that feeling a chakra then fine chakra exist. I am led to believe however that with that feeling and the calling of it a chakra we also have to connect a lot more concepts as part of such an energy center. And that is where the concept of a chakra as a static certain thing falls apart for me.

If I were to take acupuncture or pressure as an example. Just because it is more my expertise. If i look at an ailment from a 5 element perspective I would needle or press on very different acupuncture points than if I diagnosed the same ailment from a Zang Fu or organ perspective. That is because even though the body has many small points that allow to connect to the chi of a person. It is guided by intent.

In my mind the same would be true for connecting with Prana through the chakra. Were it not that the chakra due to their larger areas of influence become a rather restrictive way of connecting with Prana/Chi.

Take the causal body with the potential chakra memories..
To me that just A way to explain how karma and past life experiences may be transferred from life to life. Other explanations may be equally true.
It is a rather western outlook on life where we feel only one explanation can be true in case of the acupuncture example above it is the western practitioner who has to work to wrap his or her head around that whilst many an eastern practitioner has a much easier time accepting that an ailment can have different treatments based on different diagnostic tools.

Even the reason for needling the same point can be to bring about a very different effect where in the 5 elemental philosophy you would needle a point to nourish an element where in the organ related philosophy you would needle the same point to treat a yin or yang imbalance in a certain organ system.

With Love
Eelco