View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 05:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVI
As you know, I am an advocate of people exercising free will, particularly as it pertains to ones faith. Accordingly I have respectfully encouraged you to follow your heart. It is unfortunate to see that your journey has led you down a path where you feel compelled to disrespect and disparage the foundations of another faith while building a relationship with God through Islam. It seems you are beginning to miss an important point in your journey. If I could offer a little piece of advice. It would be to focus your attention on God and your faith in islam and less time with the legitimacy of another's faith - your pride and ego can prove to be a major obstacle to your early growth. In other words, be respectful - particularly so early in your journey.

It's interesting that, that is how you took what I said, I was mentioning a struggle I had in embracing the faith my family tried to spoon feed me in childhood... Arguments I made around age 9.

It is however relevant to mention in conjunction to my attraction to Islam as Islam forbids reproductions of the Prophet pbuh. It is extremely important in the faith that people make the distinction between God, his prophets and his messenger.

It is a topic of some debate among Christians as to weather you worship God or Jesus, I've been present for enough of these conversations. In my heart I have never waivered in the belief we are to worship God and only God. An idea that is consistently agreed upon throughout the faith of Islam.

Not entirely sure if you mean to say I was wrong in making the argument as a child or that I was wrong in sharing that I did here... But either way, the point of that post was to provide examples of deep seeded ideals evident even early on in my life, that I feel Islam has addressed for me in ways other faiths I've explored could not.