View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 01:35 AM
Pathfinder

Sometimes we aren't even aware we're doing anything. I've had half a dozen people over the past couple of years tell me that when they're around me, they feel calm and at peace. For some of them, that feeling comes instantly the moment I walk into their home, regardless of how they felt before I arrived. One, who suffers insomnia, falls asleep almost instantly if I'm there, and sleeps through the night. Two others are extreme introverts and have told me I'm the only person they've ever actually wanted to be around for more than an hour or two.

As far as I know, this is nothing I'm doing. When they tell me how calm I make them, I sometimes have to laugh, because since I deal with depression and anxiety, *I* rarely feel completely calm and at peace. Or maybe it isn't depression or anxiety; maybe I'm feeling their turbulence while giving them peace. I don't know.

I don't really need to know, to be honest. I'm helping them. I'm a healer; I'm fulfilling part of my purpose. That's the important bit.