View Single Post
Old 13-03-2016, 12:05 AM
Master
Societies determine the rights of its citizens, not faith.

There are activists within Islam, within societies where there are still many freedoms and equalities to be fought for, men and women alike whom are actively fighting for women's rights.

It does shock me a bit that with the entire internet at your disposal you can still make such a comment without feeling compelled to research it first.

For starters, Pakistan, Marvi Memon and numerous other government officials. In fact on the back of, A Girl in the River, (which was also produced by a woman, Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy) winning an Oscar they are really cracking down on Honor Violence in Pakistan. But if you want a name you have probably heard of in Western news how about Malala Yousafzai.

Afghanistan, the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan aka RAWA.

You may also be surprised to learn that the societies struggling for women's rights aren't even solely Islamic. India for example, look up Sampat Pal and the Gulabi Gang. Not that I condone beating up abusive men and dirty government officials with sticks but they are none the less empowering women and making great strides for improving theirs and the surrounding communities.

This short list only scratches the surface.

As I may have expressed in so many words before... I have done my homework. I have already had every arguement under the sun thrown at me. So, misleading information won't get you anywhere with me. But you are welcome to keep trying... Freedom of speech and such.

Last edited by 002 Cents : 13-03-2016 at 01:39 AM.