View Single Post
Old 29-01-2016, 07:35 AM
Newbie ;)

Help: Insomnia form meditation,Deep Trance state, Super consciousness?

Hello,
I think meditation is causing me insomnia.
I have been meditating regularly for the past 3-4 months, for at least 20 minutes.
My technique was always to focus on the surrounding and sounds, and just observing, letting all thoughts and feelings just stream away.
Recently I have started to really get the hang of getting in to a really deep state, I am also using now binural beats when meditating to get into that deep state.

The past 2 days I was able to meditate for 2-3 hours, and really quieting the mind down, almost to the point where mind chatter is gone, only observing the sound of the beats, or the inner feelings of the body and emotions. Some times the chatter is really loud and random, but I don't pay attention to it

This state of deepness is very blissful and relaxing and has expanded to even beyond meditation, where I can be not thinking in daily activities, like making dinner, only focusing on sounds and visuals around me.

But the problem is when I lay down, and try to fall asleep, I can't, I just relax really deeply, just like meditation, my whole body is tranquil and the, the mind is chattering but I do not focus on it, I cannot fall asleep and become unconscious, rather I feel Super conscious, aware of every sound or feeling in my body. I can lay for 3 hours not moving, but cant fall asleep.
Shifting focus between the in and out.

Also sleep has become very deep when I sleep, nothing can wake me up.
It seems as though the border between consciousness and unconsciousness has gotten stronger.

I still feel tired, and being in this meditative state does not replace sleep.

what are the things, techniques I can try when I am at the meditative state when trying to fall asleep.
Also if someone shared similar experience and would like to share.
Also any information regarding altering this state of consciousness would be appreciated.
Thanks