View Single Post
Old 27-11-2015, 07:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
What will my mother's reaction be when I tell her I want to move out to a non-shared house?

Oh, this is more positive than expected...

* Fountain Tarot
Sun - 10 of Wands rev - Ace of Coins rev

I think she'll actually be really supportive, and see it as a move that would really unburden me. The Ace of Coins rev is confusing me somewhat, on first thought it seemed to indicate that she'd be worried I couldn't do it, but on second thoughts I'm seeing the hands kind of 'push' the coin downwards... which is towards me as a reader!!!... and wondering if she may actually offer to help pitch in to cover the higher costs of living alone.
Spoke to my mother today, this was both correct and not correct.

1st round: Mum exclaims that I can't afford to move out so not even an option (10 of Wands rev? / Ace of Coins rev). She was still positive about things I could try to do in my current home to deal with noise, eg blankets on walls etc (Sun?).

2nd round: After explaining to mum that it actually wouldn't cost much more to move out alone - haha, I must already be on the high end of my price bracket - she then became a lot more supportive and encouraging, 'go for it' type stuff.