View Single Post
Old 18-11-2015, 07:25 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeWhispers
Is there a reason to think it isn't possible?
If it is possible, it could mimic what many others have experienced and witnessed after a near death experience. So again, how would they know for sure if it is a spiritual awakening or a new/different soul? And how could they say it isn't possible?

Please be patient with me, it is something new for me to think about so I will be asking questions. Of course you don't have to answer them.

Well as far as we can discern, the only way that we currently know that a person's consciousness (or soul/spirit) can permanently sever the connection to the physical vessel is through the complete, irreversable 'death' of their body (i.e. it can no longer support consciousness).

Individuals who have full-blown NDE's are able to report the experience of leaving their physical body (OBE), entering into and interacting with the spiritual (non-physical) dimension, they are sometimes shown aspects of their Earthly lives, past lives, or future experiences to be had in this present lifetime, and they are often told that they must 'go back' and return to their body. Then they report the experience of being transported or sucked back int otheir physical body. In other words, what is described and accounted for covers the full range of the Near-Death Experience - from the onset of the circumstances that caused the incident up all the up through the reconnecting with their physical body and then recovering. If one soul were leaving and a different soul returning, I don't see how there would be that continuum of memory/recollection. Also, by many of the accounts of individuals who had these (NDE) experiences, they do not disown their former life experiences (as if they were completely foreign to them) or advertise themselves as having an entirely different identity than that of the person before the incident.

What I find troublesome and conflicting about the notion of 'soul exchanges' is the effect/impact it would have on others who knew and shared significant relationships with the allegedly departed soul. It would essentially create a state of unconscious deception for those people because they would continue interacting with someone whom they thought to be the spirit of their sibling/parent/child/best friend/etc- but by way of this theory, it's a completely different soul? That doesn't sit well with me because it yields confusion/unawareness and does not promote clarity. To be interacting with two unique souls while for good reason perceiving them to be the same consciousness/soul/spirit - something about that seems 'off' to me. I feel like the Universe would not promote this practice nor operate in this manner.. This is just my perspective on this though.... Others are entitled to believe differently of course....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeWhispers
I'm looking for the book now, thanks for the recommendation.

Amazon has the ebook available, also used copies of the paperback/hardcover that you can purchase.