View Single Post
Old 28-08-2015, 10:44 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor

"This awakening implies a kind of death to our exterior self...
It takes faith to make the choices that deliver us from our routine self and open to us the door of a new being, a new reality." - Thomas Merton

The world must be looked on from a different angle, a spiritual angle.
Jesus Christ, as far as I know, always spoke from a spiritual reference point, not a worldly one.

It is rare to come across a person with such awakening.
Many years ago, while working as a counselor, I watched a video tape interview of a man who was regarded as a spiritual person.
He looked like a middle aged surfer, or a bit of a hermit that lived along a coastline. (sorry, my stereotyping)

During the interview he did not say much. He used a one to five word sentence, to each question.
At first, he seemed naive, fanciful and innocent. For a moment I thought he was a simpleton.
As the interview progressed, I noticed something else, the interviewer, seemed very critical of his stance on life.
I studied this man's facial expressions and eyes. There were no micro body-language or facial expressions of the ego, I saw nothing contrary to whatever he said.
He responded without pride or ego, without fear of judgement, he was humble yet doubtless. His face became one of love.
His reference point was not one would expect from a person with a mental disorder, or from any academic, (insanity/genius), but from some other reference.
This was contradictory of any person I have ever met.

As the interview progressed, I gave up looking for psychological explanations.
As soon as I put my critical self aside, his words were like a two-edge sword. My heart sprung open.
Everything he said made crystal clear sense. He never wasted a word. He only spoke of the Truth.

Much later, it occurred to me that his reference point was the Truth.
Instead of looking in for the Truth, he came from Truth - looking out.

Visitor, this is awesome. :)