View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 11:27 AM
Master
Quote:
The alkalinity/acidity that was mentioned was not about the stomach and gut. In the stomach and gut yes, if things are far too alkaline or too acidic, then digestion is disrupted.

You brought that up as if the acid would deal with the problems.

Quote:
Tablets and pills are made of substances that are very hard to break apart by stomach acids, by design. The medical industry does not want healthy people, because if people were healthy there could be no medical industry. Not to mention no one is supposed to eat those things anyway...

Of course but it is an indiication that that some peoples stomachs cannot digest as well as others.

Quote:
As I've said before, there are short-term effects, and long-term effects. If you make up your mind based on short-term effects, you'll never see the long-term effects for what they truly are.

No you do, you have experimented for twenty months on that particular diet, on mine it has been about fifteen yrs plus even periods before that.

Quote:
If you start trusting your source, as you apparently have, based on short term effects... Rash and hasty decisions are not always right.
And also, do your sources include everything relevant? Of course not. I know this from personal experience. Many sources, one saying one, another saying another. So what's the truth then? Have to compare and think, and experiment if necessary, to see what and how much of either is right and wrong. And form your own picture of the whole, not give blind trust to any source. Make your own source, inside yourself, that's always developing as you find out more. It's what I do...

How do you know the source is based on short term effects? some are based on many peoples observations and years of trial and error.

Imagine meeting your future self who has spent years on a certain diet don't you think you may have something to say, well there will be people out there who have done what you are doing for much longer.

Quote:
It is not bad behavior to kill for food if you need the food.
It is bad to kill for food if you don't need the food.

Well yes but if you had to do it yourself would you? Is it a cop out to get someone else to kill the animal? For instance if I lived on an island farm I would protect the cows as they give milk which is very nutritious and many products can be made from it, they also provide manure for fertiliser and energy, the males would also provide transport and they could digest the foodstuffs I am incapeable of. So it would be unwise to kill these creatures, I would live off the milk products and what I could grow, if I got desperate I could fish and then at a last resort start killing the animals on the island.

Quote:
How much do they advertise cookies and candies and such things? A lot... That all is heavily processed plants, as a result of the processing all poisonous, with extra added toxins. Essentially the same goes about meat industry meat; same thing, different source.

Yes more addictive poisons does not mean the over advertising of meat is right.

Quote:
It's not that they advertise eating meat. It's the kind of meat they advertise eating. Meat full of toxins and other bad things - this is the reason it is advertised.
They also advertise eating plants full of toxins. Toxins. The reason why.

It goes both ways. Not just one way.

I think you are looking at it like vegetarians v meat eaters , I am looking at suffering which covers both...the people eating the stuff and the people and animals producing the stuff...I wouldn't like to be a factory chicken or a sugar plantation worker, given a choice though I would prefer the latter.

Quote:
It is okay to eat meat at every meal. I do... Two meals a day, each time eggs, or fish, or meat, or fat, or organs. Almost each meal also plant stuff. Sometimes I skip a whole meal, don't eat anything.
I could say to you it is not okay to eat plants at every meal. This is as ridiculous.

But that does not tally with our natural diet, ancient peoples did not eat meat at every meal, tribal people don't...and I can bet over all inuits do not kill as many animals as we do and they are doing it to survive.

Quote:
You eat what you have to eat, depending on what your body needs, and when it needs it, and how much it needs it. If it needs plants, you'll eat plants; if it needs meat, you'll eat meat. To avoid eating something when your body needs it, because you blindly trust someone else's opinions without really knowing why they have such opinions... Now this is pointless hurting of self. Unless for some reason you need this pain.

Yes but you are trusting your own opinions, I cant think of a similar creature like us that needs so much meat, I cannot even think of a carnivore that needs such an high amount of meat, watching a wildlife programme I recall the commentator saying great whites need a seal every three months to get by on (will have to do a search to confirm that when I get time)

Quote:
It is the exact same as saying, "Just because you like the taste of bananas, your ulterior motive is to find any excuse to eat them."

Please try to think things through before saying them.

No it isn't as the banana plant does not die, the banana fruit is meant to be picked and eaten, that is not an opinion it is a fact.

Quote:
Humans have eaten animals for as long as we have existed, as did our partial ancestors, and as have many other animals on this planet. Are you saying the planet's ecosystem has always been disrupted? You see... this is one exact thing I referred to when I mentioned how most meat-avoiders behave.

You do not know that we have eaten meat for as long as we have existed and no I don't think the eco-system has been disrupted as much as today..what I am talking about is a reason for human beings eating more meat, not the animals that already are natural meat eaters eating it.

Quote:
This, eating meat, has absolutely nothing to do with disrupted planet's ecosystem. It has absolutely everything to do with what our bodies need and what they cannot get in the needed quantities if not for eating meat.

Well it has as the vegetation we grow has become adulterated and less nutritious so some turn to eating meat or more of it.

Quote:
This is where you have to forget the meat-industry completely, because it is a topic and area completely on its own. And look at what our bodies need and have needed, and what omnivorous and carnivorous animals need and have needed. It is obvious. If you don't see it, then try to ask yourself, "why is obvious to you not obvious?" And try to answer it to yourself.

The advertising by the meat industry brainwashes people into believing they need more meat than they actually do, they sell it for enjoyment rather than need

Quote:
You think the plants, vegetables, seeds, you eat are not innocent? You kill each day just as does every other living human on this planet, be it plants, or animals, or micro-organisms. You kill every day. This is absolute reality. Face it and accept it, or deny it and suffer until karma does its job.

not everone does, and if micro-organisms are eaten some are happy in the gut and survive, the ones that die we can say that the deaths are accidental not deliberate as we have to eat something to survive.

Quote:
Plants are also fellow creatures.
It's not about condoning, it's about what our bodies need.

With a much less developed nervous system, I don't think anyone would choose to kill a fellow animal as opposed to picking an apple or two.

Quote:
What do you mean by "full fund of knowledge"?

You or I do not have a ful fund of knowledge but there are obviously bigger funds out there

Quote:
I have repeatedly shown that I know about health and diet much better than you. You may say as you like, but doesn't mean it's true, especially if you don't know better than the one you're saying it to.

Yes you said I should do some research, I didn't level that silly remark at you, I am always researching , I just see yours as different from mine and something that others could help you with.