View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 07:10 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Okay nummi, thank you. I did not realise that.
Apart from blood test results, I don't feel in any way deficient...but I guess that doesn't necessarily show if there is/isn't any nutritional deficiency going on. The best I can do is make sure I get a good balanced diet and take any supplements which my diet doesn't include.
I am only a non meat-eater for reasons of compassion, not for any other reason. I used to very much like to eat fish, butter and cheese.
I see people, just "normal" people, every day. And I see the issues they have, especially nutritional issues and related health problems. Already appearance alone says so much, and then what they say says a lot also, and behavior. It's easy to notice these things if I have had them myself and then got rid of them, especially that I got rid of some in such a way that at one moment I noticed "parts of me", negative "parts", just gone; there were issues I didn't even know were issues until I noticed they were gone, and once gone I compared my new self with the previous... and finally, obvious became obvious. Before I was unable to see the obvious - severe mental blindness (I see this in other people too, if they have it to whatever extent, as I've overcome mine). We are grown and raised blind to so much, it takes some effort and time to turn it around.
Most people "think" (they don't really think, for they do not know how to...) they live a whole life, but without seeing they have many problems. Even "thinking" those problems are part of who they are if they are aware of them.

Talking about compassion. A good example is dolphins. They are compassionate and loving and intelligent creatures... And they couldn't exist here if they didn't eat fish. There are fish that are rather "meant" to be food; the fish dolphins eat, one is herring.
Salmon. As they lay eggs and fertilize those eggs in rivers, their lives are over. They die. But their bodies are still very nutritious, and wild animals, especially bears, know this. Easy, clean, rich food just lying there ready to be consumed without needing to kill it first because it already is naturally dead. (Wild salmon, of course... not this farmed junk.)
Eating meat is okay, and the right thing to do. But is very highly important what kind of life the animal, the meat belonged to, lived. They have to have a long and happy life. Also the older the animal, the more nutritious the meat becomes anyway. So the best time to eat one is right after, or at, or close to, its life's natural end.
Butter and cheese. Very few can manage eating those without suffering negative health effects, if they are raw. Heavily boiled ones (pasteurized) are harmful to everyone. If I eat them, I can feel how it causes inflammation and makes my gut feel slightly "clogged and heavy". And it makes my skin bad.
Might as well add chickens. The layers. They lay eggs nearly every day. All those eggs could and would never become new living organisms. There would be so many, far too many to be possible to sustain them all. So that new organisms could come from those eggs they need to hatch, a chicken has to sit on top of the eggs for some weeks. They lay far more eggs than they could ever hope to sit on. Those eggs they could not hatch, would rot. Since most eggs would rot away anyway, why not instead eat them?

From personal experience I can say with absolute certainty. The meat (and fat and organs) of young animals is disgusting. That of old animals is delicious and so rich.