View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by nummi
This acidic food thing is nonsense. Whatever you eat, it always gets treated with load of stomach acid in the stomach.
It's the minerals body needs, not alkalinity or acidity. Minerals.

The lack of minerals can and does cause these health issues. Though other things can contribute as well, like vitamin deficiencies.

Blood tests don't show everything. For example magnesium, only about 10% is in the blood, the rest in other body cells.
Do they do body cell analysis? Sure, if you pay a lot...
If you rely on blood tests to say whether you are deficient or not, then you have no idea whether you are deficient of something or not.
Plus that which the blood shows. Blood might show that you're not deficient, but what is going on in the body cells? Maybe body cells are deficient of that which blood is not.
Blood test alone doesn't show the whole truth.

Okay nummi, thank you. I did not realise that.
Apart from blood test results, I don't feel in any way deficient...but I guess that doesn't necessarily show if there is/isn't any nutritional deficiency going on. The best I can do is make sure I get a good balanced diet and take any supplements which my diet doesn't include.
I am only a non meat-eater for reasons of compassion, not for any other reason. I used to very much like to eat fish, butter and cheese.