View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 11:03 AM
Master
Quote:
You simply take the word of those people without thinking it through on your own?
How are you supposed to verify, for yourself, whether what they say is true or not, if you in yourself do not possess, at that time, anything that could show that they are right, or that they are wrong?

You try something yourself and if it tallies with what the experts say time and time again you begin to trust the source, this is a natural human trait.

Quote:
On what do you base that "my way" would take many lifetimes?
I ask because I can see and I know it would not take many lifetimes.

Because it is too big a subject for one person in one life, the ancient chinese and aryuvedic health systems were not just based on a single persons experiments.

Quote:
These things I have found out thus far about diet, health, the world in general. I did not know these 2 years ago.
I have found out by researching, trying, observing, comparing, thinking. How else would you hope to find the truth? If you're not following some dogma, then things move quickly.
Same here but these are very small wells of knowledge compared to the whole

Quote:
A lot of profit there... Agriculture business is far wider and far more destructive to health and planet than meat-industry.
(Doesn't apply to very few people) If you don't eat meat, quality meat not poisoned, then your brain can't work right nor optimally. You'll be slower of mind and harder to come to truthful conclusions.

The present agriculture system is, if you look at kibbutz/temple/monastary systems these are not for profit they are to feed people.
Quote:
I've seen many meat-avoiders "discuss" things. The sight was awful. Even in this forum in the vegan subforum there were such individuals - they couldn't keep themselves civil and calm even as I tried to discuss things peacefully and calmly. They are oblivious to their own minds workings and sayings. The things they say without seeing what they say... The contradictions, the lies, the shortsightedness, the ignorance, the blindness, the ignoring and avoiding relevant facts and points, etc. All with a punch of severe arrogance. Awful.
And they are prevalent throughout society. You don't see people eating an almost entirely carnivorous diet so spread out everywhere forcing their opinions. Nor do you see the same from omnivorous dieters (who genetically we all are, so this should say a lot... why even try to explain it? we are genetically all omnivores). Should make one wonder why is that... Should really make one wonder what is up with almost all meat-avoiders, why do they generally tend to such bad behavior
So is it bad behaviour to kill an animal for food? having done so myself I would say yes, I would also ask you to take a look at your own posts and see how provocative they could be, also meat consumption is advertised extensively in our society and it has worked in brainwashing as people eat it at most meals many times a day.

Quote:
Regarding trial and error. It takes months to try something out, and there are very many things to try out to get a truthful conclusion. If you begin your trials from a too wrong angle...
I got "lucky"... I got it mostly right with the first time around. So there were simply corrections to make, not a complete overhaul. The right things "fell to my lap" at the right time - this has happened again and again since.
It can take many years to realise some foodstuffs or the poisons within are effecting you, I think something like mercury can take up to thirty years.