View Single Post
Old 23-01-2011, 10:11 AM
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Everyone breathes and what is effective universally applies to everyone, and the breath is not your breath, my breath, Christian breath, Muslim breath and rich and poor breath. It is the air we share.

One need not worry about the LOA and such things that distract the mind into thinking of the future, nor the past, for the focus is directed to the breath occuring in this moment as the air is moving in and the air is moving out.

Just close your eyes and notice the air moving in through the nostrils, and out through the nostrils and focus on the sensations the air causes in the nose, the sensation being the point of attention.

If the mind wanders off just return to noticing the sensation of air passing and remain aware of the sensation.

It may occur that the mind seems to become more agitated but actually it is only that you become more deeply aware of the excess noise, so always return to the sensation of the moving breath.

I suggest a practice time of at least half an hour... but in any situation like waiting for a bus, travelling on a train, waiting in line or any spare moments, become aware of the sensations in your nostrils and remain aware of them.

It's very easy to do and very effective.

I find your ideas illuminating. That is how we can tackle our conflicts