View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 08:50 AM
Octy

Thanks for sharing! What a wonderful experience. Out of adversity came the ability to bounce back via connecting with another being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
Pay attention to someone else, that's it, a random person maybe.

:) I was on an outing with my husband (working shifts means we get very little time together), so just wanted to enjoy his company when someone familiar spotted us and sat next to us. This person is a friend of a friend, however I wouldn't call him my friend or even someone I would go out of my way to talk to. He brought along his niece who plonked herself next to me. Great! Just what I didn't need.
When I turned around to ask the lady behind me if she could see, she responded with "yes, but I don't think my kids can". Great! Not only did I feel stressed sitting with a chatterbox, I also felt guilty for sitting in a place I had every right to!

I was sitting there thinking 'I can remain grumpy for the entire race, or, give in'. I gave in.

I noticed the niece was partially sitting on a fence post, so I jumped down from my spot, opened up my blanket for her to sit on and moved over so that she had the comfortable spot. I then turned to the little boy behind me and said that he was more than welcome to sit next to us or stand directly behind us if he couldn't see. To my surprise he jumped up and plonked himself in between my husband and I - on a blanket I had folded to hand to my husband to sit on (my husband missed out, lol).

Throughout the race I noticed two things. The boy happily chatting to my husband, and the chatterbox's smiling eyes when he bombarding me with statements about certain cars and maneuvers. Plus the lady behind me happy that her son could see the race!

I gave in to the situation, and was surrounded by happiness. I too couldn't help but feel it in the end:)