View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 03:00 AM
Master
Starbuck and everybody,

You mentioned somewhere that you have a son so it has been bugging me all day long that I mention this - because we need to be able to function normally in our day to day life. It's so important to be able to switch the experiences off when we need to do that....so doing grounding things...like eating a sandwich, going for a walk outdoors, or if you can root chakra exercises (moola bandha - like kegal exercises).

Another aspect of Kundalini for anyone in the final stages (which is quite rare) is that there is a fine line between madness and enlightenment, and it's easy to get disillusioned about who you are (so I'm told - I'm not there yet)...so again, being grounded, rooted, anchored to the physical world is important.

I remember Sri Vasudeva working with a child who was really blissed out with brow chakra experiences and her mom didn't know what to do...and he emphasized grounding so she could function in a normal way on earth. So sometimes shutting off the experiences is necessary.

I've noticed that when big milestone type openings take place, the environment seems to accomodate that, that is you are not stuck in traffic when it happens at the wheel of a car for instance. The Divine creates a supportive and safe atmosphere for such events to take place. For example when I had my throat experience, I was sitting alone in a meditation building in an Ashram.

Uma