Thread: bugs
View Single Post
Old 26-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Master
Interesting note. Walking the dog, I came across a squashed Bull snake on the road, which looks similar to a Rattler.
As I noticed something, I bent down. It was a little honey bee having a dine on it.
Now you know what Honey Bees resort to if there aren't much in the way of flowers around.

Also, some years back.
When I was still drinking sugary sodas, I had left a bag of soda cans out on the back deck in a bag over the Winter. Well, Honey Bees got into it apparently before I had closed it up.
Just before Spring, before any Bees were out and about from their hives, I noticed the bag and opened it.

Out came flying Bees which had weathered the Winter in the plastic bag, survivng on the residual liquid in the cans.
There were three. One of them came out and nearly immediately hit the ground.
Another flew out and made it some distance before going down, and the third flew away in kind of a wobbly manner, probably looking for it's hive it had left before Winter had set in.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein