Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 02-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Administrator
Third Eye Meditation

Third Eye Meditation

Breath in through your nose, and slowly exhale from your mouth.

With your in breath, sniff up like you would smell a flower, but extend the inhale.
Exhale through your mouth slowly , while you feel the breath move across the roof of your mouth.

Concentrate on the sound as you exhale.

Now imagine that your exhale is going out through the in the center of your Third Eye.

Next imagine that you are inhaling through your Third Eye until you feel completely grounded.

When your relaxed and ready to begin to imagine that you are inhaling through your Crown Chakra and exhaling through your Third Eye.

Focus only on the sound of your inhale and exhale, as well as your inner visions.
Passively observe your thoughts as they pass across your mind. Then release them with your next exhale.

Calmly allow all emotions to come into your awareness, then release them with your next exhale. Allow the calmness to resolve and clear. If your having visions put them in the background, while the Third Eye and Crown open in the foreground. To your inner visions of self. To that feeling of inner peace and clam.

Repeat this for five to ten minutes.

Lynn
Old 02-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Master
Here's another Third Eye Meditation... as an alternative. Whatever practice you use it's important to practice daily for several weeks at least.

* Breathe fully and gently down in your lower belly for several minutes.

Notice how your mind slows down and you begin to relax and let go.

If any uncomfortable feelings come up, just keep breathing and watch them begin to change, ease and fade away.

* While continuing belly breathing, put your attention on your Third Eye, between and just above your eyebrows, for several minutes.

* Breathe while you draw your attention from your belly (the hara center) up to your third eye and down again, in a smooth flow, for the rest of your meditation time - 10 to 20 minutes.

You may begin to feel sensations in the third eye area, such as tingling or a slight burning or something more subtle. Just keep on with the meditation and breathe with whatever you experience.

Xan

Old 26-06-2011, 02:27 AM
Master
bringing this up...

Old 26-06-2011, 04:19 AM
Experiencer

Curious as to what the side effects that you may get, by focusing on the 3rd eye?

I been meditating casually the past month, and Yesterday while I was meditating, I started to feel a pulse in the middle of the forehead. After the Pulse, there was a headache, had to stop.

I had a weird meditation session tonight:
- started smoothly until crucial back strain, like my neck was twisting off, fought through and went away.
- This one was trippy, cause it felt I was in this bubble, That was floating all over the place. I was dizzy as hell although it stopped once in a while to the Nature music I was listening too.

Does this mediation thing actually balances out the body? I'm also turning into a fitness kick since my awakening. I'm currently into yoga trying to find balance.

Thxs, Love to all
Old 26-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Master
Wm... If you are trying hard and pushing yourself in any way you may have intense side effects. Instead take your time, relax into your yoga and your meditation and let it be a gradual and natural process of balancing.

Conscious breathing down in the belly brings balance more easily and smoothly than any other method I have found. You can make it a habit.

Xan

Old 02-07-2011, 05:34 AM
psychonaut salamander

when you breathe in, the 3rd eye gets brighter and Expands!!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Third Eye Meditation

Breath in through your nose, and slowly exhale from your mouth.

With your in breath, sniff up like you would smell a flower, but extend the inhale.
Exhale through your mouth slowly , while you feel the breath move across the roof of your mouth.

Concentrate on the sound as you exhale.

Now imagine that your exhale is going out through the in the center of your Third Eye.

Next imagine that you are inhaling through your Third Eye until you feel completely grounded.

When your relaxed and ready to begin to imagine that you are inhaling through your Crown Chakra and exhaling through your Third Eye.

Focus only on the sound of your inhale and exhale, as well as your inner visions.
Passively observe your thoughts as they pass across your mind. Then release them with your next exhale.

Calmly allow all emotions to come into your awareness, then release them with your next exhale. Allow the calmness to resolve and clear. If your having visions put them in the background, while the Third Eye and Crown open in the foreground. To your inner visions of self. To that feeling of inner peace and clam.

Repeat this for five to ten minutes.

Lynn

Ohhhhhhhh the inner 'clam'. tee hee.
Old 23-07-2011, 02:31 AM
Master
bringing this up....

Old 23-07-2011, 07:03 AM
AmethystDawn

Thank you Lynn and Xan for this clear instruction, it is just what I have been looking for.
Old 23-07-2011, 07:05 AM
AmethystDawn

Thank you Lynn and Xan for this clear instruction, it is just what I have been looking for.

I Printed both sets of guidelines off to keep by my bed

Sorry for double post, for some reason there wasn't the delete option on the edit button.