Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Astral Projection (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Binaural Beats (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=64774)

OfflineAFK 07-03-2014 07:48 PM

Binaural Beats

Has anyone tried this out yet? If you have can you tell me your experience with it and what you would recommend?

Quick rundown-

its audio beats that play at different Hz in each ear to help with meditation and a list of other positive effects. Here are a few links (I cant post links so just copy and paste into address bar)

Thanks in advance!

monroeinstitute.org/resources/what-are-binaural-beats

immramainstitute.com/brainwave-technology-for-health-wellness/binaural-beats-and-how-they-affect-your-brain/

omharmonics.com/blog/how-to-use-binaural-beats/

MuadDib 07-03-2014 08:27 PM

AVS and binaural

Yes... AVS Device, Brain Machine, formerly PsychoWalkman... simply works.
Look for principle of... Brainwaves Beta ~ Alpha ~ Theta ~ Delta

Can be said binaural beats as audio channel has smaller contribution to overall brain effect, comparing to video, maybe 20:80 (consider I'm visual type).

Lilyth Von Gore 09-03-2014 10:12 AM

I have never tried this, but I do have an anti anxiety app on my tablet which helps with sleep issues. It plays at mid theta 5hz and low theta 4hz. Dunno if it's the same as binaural beats.

Vashtia 09-03-2014 10:35 AM

Lilyth:

What's the name of the app? I sure could use some help with anxiety and sleep issues :icon_frown:

Thanks!

V

Lilyth Von Gore 09-03-2014 11:05 AM

Relax Melodies: Sleep & Yoga. You find it in the app store or on google play. It's by Ipnos Software.

rnhealer 09-03-2014 12:30 PM

Vashtia: Sleep and anxiety issues

Neurofeedback is excellent for all neurological issues. Look into a company called Thought Technology in Montreal Canada. They can tell you where there are practitioners in your area which is frequently covered by insurance and if that doesn't work for you, they also sell equipment that is preset to the frequencies that would be helpful for your individual needs.

I hope that is helpful.

cydonia1978 09-03-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OfflineAFK
Has anyone tried this out yet? If you have can you tell me your experience with it and what you would recommend?

Quick rundown-

its audio beats that play at different Hz in each ear to help with meditation and a list of other positive effects. Here are a few links (I cant post links so just copy and paste into address bar)

Thanks in advance!

monroeinstitute.org/resources/what-are-binaural-beats

immramainstitute.com/brainwave-technology-for-health-wellness/binaural-beats-and-how-they-affect-your-brain/

omharmonics.com/blog/how-to-use-binaural-beats/

Hi! I've tried it only once so far. My body fell asleep though I was still conscious, but I wasn't able to AP. Eventually I simply fell asleep. lol! I'm sure it has potential, I just need to try it again.

If you haven't already, I'd say just give it a shot. Make sure you're nice and comfy and won't be disturbed for a while and of course use headphones. See what happens. :)

MuadDib 09-03-2014 03:29 PM

Biofeedback, AVS, music...

Thanks for your nerofeedback post rnhealer as it's great example of the most sophisticated solution.

The main issue of "pasive" AVS (or audio only stimulation) is we can become accustomed on it before we learn how to control our mind/body. Also the most efficient visual stimulation (blinking glasses) can be a little drastic for sensitive people.

Maybe binaural beats (and also all kinds of meditation music) has the key advantage it's inexpensive, can be used almost everywhere and our visual imagination still works for us.

desert rat 09-03-2014 04:05 PM

Robert Monroe called it himi sync . You can still get his stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Monroe

zombie 14-04-2014 06:04 PM

I just wanted to share the following online (non commercial) brainwave generator:

Isochronic Brainwave Generator