Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ghosts & Hauntings (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Are visiting ghosts stuck? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22592)

SunMist 20-09-2011 05:20 AM

Are visiting ghosts stuck?

If a ghost of someone who has recently passed that you knew visits you or you see signs that they might be around like pet cats staring into space where nothing is there when you think of them.....is the spirit okay? While it means so much to me to think that this particular dearly departed is not so departed, I don't want him to be trapped on the earth or miss out on heaven just because I'm grieving so much. I do have the cremation ashes in my home and haven't spread them yet so perhaps that is part of it too.

So how does it work - can a spirit that has moved on as they are supposed to also visit loved ones?

Maiya 20-09-2011 03:41 PM

My feeling is that you don’t have to do anything but take care of yourself. Leave the ashes where they are until you are absolutely sure that it is time to do something special with them. The feeling you have around you may simply be a part of your grief or it may be something you know deep down needs taken care of. Whatever it is, don’t be rushed. Take time to heal and then see what revelations come to you.

nightowl 20-09-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunMist
If a ghost of someone who has recently passed that you knew visits you or you see signs that they might be around like pet cats staring into space where nothing is there when you think of them.....is the spirit okay? While it means so much to me to think that this particular dearly departed is not so departed, I don't want him to be trapped on the earth or miss out on heaven just because I'm grieving so much. I do have the cremation ashes in my home and haven't spread them yet so perhaps that is part of it too.

So how does it work - can a spirit that has moved on as they are supposed to also visit loved ones?

Well from what I have heard and experienced they can visit. It doesn't mean they are stuck. Some choose to stay and move on later. This doesn't sound like a stuck spirit. Maybe speak out that you are fine and you will be fine. Tell them you love and miss them but you will be fine. As for the ashes sometimes spirits will stay with them. You can also reassure them they will be treated properly.

Medium_Laura 20-09-2011 08:16 PM

No one is really stuck after they die. Sometimes they are confused for a bit about where they are, especially after a trauma, but ghosts who linger do so of their own free will. They choose to ignore the light, their guides and family that encourage them to come to the light. There can be many reasons that they stay behind like fear, unfinished business, etc.

Try talking to whatever you think is in your home. As for signs, tapping, etc. You may get answers.

Spirits have crossed to the light and usually return to check on us and other people that they loved. It's like a personal postcard saying "Hey! I'm right here! Don't cry over me! I'm not really gone! " My father passed 3 years ago and he still visits me! My aunt too! They are family, they love us, why wouldn't they come and visit?

SunMist 20-09-2011 09:37 PM

Thanks everyone for the reassurances! :angel7:

Trieah 21-09-2011 02:17 AM

Laura is right, spirits can still come to visit even after they've crossed over into the Light. They especially love to be around during the holidays, birthdays, family gatherings or other special events. They love us and long to be with us. But a crossed spirit will fully understand if we have any kind of fear about their presence, and will back off when told to go away. They'll simply wait until you're ready to accept their presence, because that is how unconditional love works. And a spirit who is from the Light or crossed over into the Light, is full of love.

Sometimes, it's not always easy to tell if a spirit has crossed over yet or not though. It all kind of depends on their state of mind, or the vibes they give off, that gives clues to whether or not they really have crossed over yet. I've helped thousands of lost souls on their journey home. And no two are ever exactly the same. An a few times, I've even wound up trying to convince a spirit from the Light into crossing over, just because I figured only the negative ones ever came to me, so that one must have been in need of help too, LOL. But it's all good and they really didn't mind cause they knew where my heart was.

Are you able to communicate with this spirit at all? Try looking for the clues that are tale tale signs of a crossed spirit. Search our own senses and try to pick up on what kind of vib you get from that spirit. If it's one of pure joy, love and happiness, then it's obviously someone who has crossed. If you pick up an uneasy feeling, even the slightest bit, chances are it may be a spirit that hasn't crossed over. It can get kind of tricky when assessing the "negative" ones because they may not always seem like an angry, evil entity. Some can seem just like every body else in life, until something sets off a trigger in their behaviour pattern.

Look for any kind of "negative" type comment or action that hints at a low self esteem; a poor attitude; a belief they could have beaten an addiction on their own; if they hold a grudge of any kind; make a rude comment or off handed remark, anything of that nature, is most likely a spirit who hasn't crossed over. It can be very subtle, or very obvious. Trust your instincts as best as you can, but don't be fooled by your own fear of the unknown either :wink:

SunMist 21-09-2011 05:22 AM

Thanks Trieah, my skills don't extend into seeing or direct conversation with spirits though I can feel things from spirit empathically sometimes - still it's not an every day thing for me. I don't feel any negative vibes or anything, just a familiar presence occasionally and my cat seems really freaked out by it a couple of times.

Medium_Laura 21-09-2011 10:22 AM

My cats greatly dislike strangers in the house. A spirit/ghost is not someone they know typically. When my father visits, I know it, they knew him, so they don't freak.

Think about who you know that your cat wouldn't have met. These are most likely the family who are visiting.

Trieah 22-09-2011 02:07 AM

My cat would get that way too. Sometimes he'd be fine to so so with the presence. And sometimes he'd go tearing down the hall like a bat out of hell, trying to find the tallest place he could find to hide from one.

Watch your cat's behaviour and see how it reacts to each presence that comes by. That could be a good indication as to just how "negative" or "positive" the presence really is.

Medium_Laura 22-09-2011 10:59 AM

I had a really nice spirit in my house but he didn't like cats and would tease them lol. I asked him to KNOCK IT OFF or leave! Now he comes around and the cats may glance at him, but no longer run about the house like they smelled cat nip :) Sometimes a good spirit just never liked cats LOL