Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Past Lives & Reincarnation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Am I suppose to know my past lives? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17524)

stargazer 15-06-2011 10:45 AM

Am I suppose to know my past lives?

Hi everyone. I can't help but wonder if I'm not suppose to know my previous lives for a reason. I mean, if I did have a past life would I already know it by now? I'm 28 years old and have gotten a past life regression before, but it wasn't plausible. There's a part of me that wants to know who and what I did because of my current situation. These years have been very unhappy and the karma is unbearable. Not that I'm a monster in this life. I'm actually open minded and down to earth. But there's another part of me that's afraid to find out who I was like a Nazi or something...should I still investigate or leave it alone? are any of you in the same boat? I'd like to be able to heal and move on.

psychoslice 15-06-2011 10:48 AM

Your so called past lives are that, past, you are here NOW, that is all that matters.

silver_moon 29-06-2011 05:18 PM

Indeed, Psycoslice! My guide once told me that only here and now really matters. That in all the lives before I have lived and it's in this one I must live too. who you are will come together-when you are ready. what you did then is not so much a part of who you are as what you do now. I'm 21 and I asked to see my past-instead I was reminded that if all I do is look back, then I wont see the beauty and lessons this life has to offer. Just be here and focus on here and now

Topology 30-06-2011 04:52 AM

The only time I've ever delved into "past lives" was to get perspective on a psychological dynamic that was occurring in present relationships. The people involved had a shared image of a dysfunctional relationship in the roman era. After acknowledging the image and the dysfunction, the behavior could be released and moved past. Was that an actual past life, or simply a shared archetypal image? Does it matter? Process the image and experience and release it.

Memories come back because there are lessons to learn from them. After the lesson is learned, memories fade away and are forgotten.

Seperate_Reality 08-07-2011 04:15 PM

As a rule, we each forget our previous lifetime/s. There are documented cases of very young children knowing things from there previous lifetime, that they should not know, unless actually having lived these experiences. I think it was the Buddha who said, "what is true for you is true and what is not true for you is not true". So, past lives are true for you, only if you have sensed it to be probable or have personally realized the truth of it. Being in the present is more practical than dwelling on the past.

Rivendoah 08-07-2011 04:23 PM

I believe that 'NOW' is the most important thing... however, some carry things over from past lives and can find healing by knowing more about them... I think you should work at looking at past lives without fear... because 'it' is in the past and gone... it may have lessons for you if that is the path you have chosen... i do believe some come into their present life with the need to know about past lives... because it can help them by knowing that there is work to be done... things to release... things to come to terms with... with such knowledge perhaps you have the opportunity to change a pattern your soul has struggled with... if this is right for you, you will know it... because you won't be able to deny it in this life... if not, you will just move on to other spiritual explorations...

Each spiritual path is different... there is no one answer for all... you must figure out what is right for you...

CentaurSage 10-07-2011 12:40 AM

I agree with Rivendoah, and if I could ad one thing it would be that; We have ALL had past lives where we've done things that we would think are "wrong" (Killing people etc.), its important to relize thats not who you are in this life and you wont be that in future lifes (As long as you learned and grew from it), nothing to be ashamed of though. Think of it this way: that life has past and your cleaning your karmic slate, once its clean, its clean.

AnuChandra 23-07-2011 09:10 AM

We are the sum of all our lives =)

hiddenwiccan 08-08-2011 04:16 PM

i always get that sick feeling when i try to talk about my past lives not sure what thats about

Seperate_Reality 08-08-2011 04:26 PM

hiddenwiccan, each past life usually has some type of bummer, especially at the end, death, tragedy, loss, etc. the mind is also booby-trapped, so it's really not a good idea to dwell on the past in any way. The here and now is reality and where someone should try and keep their attention.