Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   When does one stop being God and science take over? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=146686)

Honza 20-05-2023 07:52 AM

When does one stop being God and science take over?

I'm being hammered by I AM to call myself God and just be I AM. The trouble is that the force is tremendous and it seems that science keeps taking over. I live in a world where there are 'other' people. There is an earth which is not an illusion. I have friends and family and I do not have magic powers regardless of how much I change my perception.

I used to say I am not God, but keep getting pressured to call myself God.

sky 20-05-2023 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
I'm being hammered by I AM to call myself God and just be I AM.

Thoughts come and go like clouds in the sky :smile:

Honza 20-05-2023 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky
Thoughts come and go like clouds in the sky :smile:

I often wonder how much my 'problem' is Freudian. A suppressed ego or something like that.

Native spirit 20-05-2023 11:03 AM

I would agree with sky

Namaste

BigJohn 20-05-2023 04:07 PM

Is it better to be GOD then the Devil?

Can you imagine having a belief system that does not believe in God, Devil, Hell, etc.? Would a person be better off or worse?

Redchic12 20-05-2023 04:32 PM

Maybe they would be better off as they would be more open to “what is” and their experiences would not be distorted by the views held by others.

Don’t know for sure tho. Just a thought.

sky 20-05-2023 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redchic12
Maybe they would be better off as they would be more open to “what is” and their experiences would not be distorted by the views held by others.

Don’t know for sure tho. Just a thought.

A good thought Red, sometimes starting with a blank sheet is beneficial, obviously everyone is different and it depends on each individual.....

Miss Hepburn 20-05-2023 06:06 PM

Quote:

I'm being hammered by I AM to call myself God and just be I AM.

Can you explain that to me....the being hammered by I AM....that part? Thanks.

Molearner 20-05-2023 07:01 PM

Quote:

Honza,

The more relevant question for me is….”When do we start becoming God ?” IMO we can only strive to become God….it is a process of becoming. If we believe ourselves to be God we have made Him into a finite being….this cannot be…for God is infinite. Psalm 82:6-7 says that “You are gods”….both verses must be read to get context.

This context starts at 82:1….it was God’s trial of judges. They were given the authority to judge because they were sons of God….an authority that we all potentially possess….but our abuse of that authority….rendering unfair judgements….abuse of authority….will result in our fall from grace.

I look at it this way: we are always God’s(meaning his creation regardless of our sin)……we can be gods(given authority to judge)….we cease to be gods when we become hypocrites. We are on a good path as long as we strive to be become God….to be consistent with that which pleases God…..but we delude ourselves if we believe that we are God. The only conceivable way for this to occur is if we no longer have any sense of self……but then we would have no self to report to others that we had morphed into the godhead. I

inavalan 20-05-2023 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
... Can you imagine having a belief system that does not believe in God, Devil, Hell, etc.? Would a person be better off or worse?

That could be empowering.

EDIT: Surely, you still need to believe that "all has a meaning", that you and your experience aren't a random event, that you exist to accomplish something. You have to find out what that something is, or have your best guess.