Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Cranky old man. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=137081)

hallow 09-09-2020 12:35 PM

Cranky old man.

How does keep from becoming a cranky old man? How does one keep from life's bumps and bruises affect the inner child?

JosephineB 09-09-2020 06:45 PM

Keep learning, laughing and stay open to new ideas and experiences. Are you due another island adventure?! :smile:

inavalan 09-09-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hallow
How does keep from becoming a cranky old man? How does one keep from life's bumps and bruises affect the inner child?

Don't look back, look forward ... Question your beliefs and sort them out ... Turn to your inner source of knowledge and guidance, ask and find out ...

janielee 09-09-2020 09:50 PM

Quote:

That's a good question, FWIW I've never seen you as anywhere near that :smile:

I think being humble helps :smile:

JL

ant 09-09-2020 10:07 PM

Kegel exercises.; )

BigJohn 10-09-2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Don't look as a victim.

As one door closes look for another door to open.

Realize as things are 'going good', they probably will 'go bad'.

Save for a rainy day.

Greenslade 10-09-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

BE the Inner Child. Children accept the Universe as it is presented to them, but adults don't and especially Spiritual adults. Go play in the puddles, buy bubbles and gurgle your milkshake. Do things because it's fun and don't give a damn if people think a grumpy old man should know better. Get back in touch with your Spirit. Live in the moment and don't think the bruises and bumps are bad karma from a past Life, wear them like a badge of honour.

Works for me.

hallow 22-09-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
BE the Inner Child. Children accept the Universe as it is presented to them, but adults don't and especially Spiritual adults. Go play in the puddles, buy bubbles and gurgle your milkshake. Do things because it's fun and don't give a damn if people think a grumpy old man should know better. Get back in touch with your Spirit. Live in the moment and don't think the bruises and bumps are bad karma from a past Life, wear them like a badge of honour.

Works for me.

I am really waiting for really wet and sloppy snow. There's nothing more fun than stomping in it, watching and hearing it splatter and seeing the foot shaped crater it makes. That turns me into a little kid everytime. Mud works almost as good.

Native spirit 22-09-2020 09:37 AM

I have to agree with Greenslade

Namaste

Heightend-Awareness 22-09-2020 09:45 AM

I used to be a very angry young man. I changed my attitude by reminding myself there are things you can control an outcome for and some you can't, stop wasting your time, effort and energy on those you can't and just don't be so serious with it. Just smile and wave, smile and wave. It's ok to be goofy sometimes, make yourself laugh and those around you. Let the old grey elephant skin soften with the inner child in you.