Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Favorite Quotes? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23655)

weimin3196 11-10-2011 11:44 PM

Favorite Quotes?

I'm currently on hunt for a favorite quote any suggestions? :hug2: :hug3: :hug2:

ellespirit 11-10-2011 11:49 PM

"We know what we are but not what we may be" Hamlet, Shakespeare

Verunia 12-10-2011 12:05 AM

"If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I would have freed thousands more." -Harriet Tubman

This quote can be applied to many things. It gives me a .... strange feeling. It's a powerful concept..

Two-bit guru 12-10-2011 12:14 AM

Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone. --Jim Fiebig

Miss Hepburn 12-10-2011 03:18 PM

No matter what it is, if you really want it, and if you get out of the way of it, it will happen. It must be. It is Law. It can be no other way. It's the way this Universe is established. If you want it and you relax, it will happen.
--- Abraham

weimin3196 12-10-2011 11:50 PM

beautiful quotes thank you all so much! :hug2:

iolite 13-10-2011 12:41 AM

"Women who behave, rarely make history" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Two-bit guru 13-10-2011 02:54 AM

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful" Mae West

Zagacat 13-10-2011 03:06 AM

Our World is a mirror. It reflects back to you what you are putting out. If you do not like what it is showing you, change that which is causing it. Spirit Science

Miss Hepburn 13-10-2011 03:10 AM

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."

~Einstien

zipzip 13-10-2011 03:46 AM

Let it Be...

The Beatles

zipzip

Miss Hepburn 13-10-2011 10:28 AM

The garden is breathing out the air of Paradise today.

Hafiz

Humm 13-10-2011 11:25 AM

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.

~Anais Nin

Miss Hepburn 13-10-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humm
We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
~Anais Nin

I'm seeing that more and more!

But let me leave you with this...

I don't believe in evolution, if there there was mother's wouldn't have just 2 hands.

~Milton Berle

Verunia 13-10-2011 03:02 PM

"We think, I will be happy when I get this worldly accolade, when I succeed in this way or that way, I will be happy, right? That's a delusion. We know that's a delusion, but that shouldn't stop us from engaging in good work, and passionate creative engagement in whatever it is that we're drawn to." -Noah Levine

Miss Hepburn 15-10-2011 10:46 AM

After St. Teresa of Avila's ( d. 1582) carriage was tipped over in a fast flowing stream during
a rain storm at night...she to to God:

"If this is the way you treat your friends, it's no wonder you have so few!”

hawkmoth65 30-10-2011 03:34 PM

'In the end,we will remember not the words of our enemies,but the silence of our friends' - Martin Luther King Jr.

Vaughn 01-11-2011 12:04 AM

What One Person Can Do

In these time we need to remember what one person can do. "They may torture my body, break my bones, even kill me, then they will have my dead body, not my obedience." He offered us a way out, but we failed to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3tjI...&feature=share

Tao of the Traveller
http://transcendenceandascension.blogspot.com/

MMM 01-11-2011 01:36 AM

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
― Mark Twain
“You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.”
― C.S. Lewis
want more?

Miss Hepburn 01-11-2011 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM
want more?

Yes.

midnightstar 01-11-2011 10:32 AM

A couple of Anne Frank quotes I like :smile:

“In spite of everything, I still believe people are really good at heart.”
Anne Frank

"No one has ever become poor by giving."
Anne Frank

Lightspirit 01-11-2011 10:55 AM

I love quotes where do I start?

The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest her or his patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.
Thomas A. Edison

If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Nelson Mandela

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” Buddah

“If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.”

Anthony Robbins

If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants. Isaac Newton. ( that is us on this forum We are the product of the ideas before us) We should not boast in our wisdom as it was something we received from those before us!.

Henry Ford

Love Wisdom Truth 12-11-2011 09:07 AM

"If only people understood that God is Love."

Arcturus 13-11-2011 11:04 AM

"God save us from religion."

Arcturus 13-11-2011 11:08 AM

"its life jim but not as we know it..."~ Spock

"the bigger the outward show the greater the inner sorrow..."~ J Krishnamurti

"self love is self doubt..."

"When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic."~ Dresden James

"The whole purpose of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with a series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary..."

"live the nightmare"~ Robbie Williams

"take both pills **** the matrix"

Arcturus 13-11-2011 11:15 AM

"Freedom and love go together. Love is not a reaction. If I love you because you love me, that is mere trade, a thing to be bought in the market; it is not love. To love is not to ask anything in return, not even to feel that you are giving something- and it is only such love that can know freedom..."

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms..."

"All ideologies are idiotic, whether religious or political, for it is conceptual thinking, the conceptual word, which has so unfortunately divided man..."

"If we can really understand the problem, the answer will come out of it, because the answer is not separate from the problem..."

"In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand. Nobody on earth can give you either the key or the door to open, except yourself..."

all J Krishnamurti

ThoughtOnFire 28-11-2011 09:13 PM

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

sesheta 01-12-2011 06:20 PM

My personal favourite:

Man doth not yield himself to the angels, nor unto death utterly; save through the weakness of his feeble will...

From Edgar Allan Poe's story "Ligeia"

Occultist 02-12-2011 12:15 AM

...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, (Sherlock Holmes) ...

blackraven 02-12-2011 01:15 AM

"Once you label me you negate me." Soren Kierkegaard (Danish theologian)

Blackraven

Miss Hepburn 02-12-2011 01:55 AM

“Enlightenment does not ask you to be perfect; it simply asks you to find perfection right where you stand.” Alan Cohen

Bluegreen 22-12-2011 10:03 PM

The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration.

Pearl S. Buck

If the 'god' is not wiser, kinder etc than you are, he is a false god--a simple litmus paper test.

There is no-one I will ever meet to whom I cannot give something that I have learned. There is no-one I will ever meet from whom I will not learn.

Joan Grant

sleepyamethyst 22-12-2011 10:45 PM

death is like a coat i will only wear it when i have too untill then it stays on the hook, this is one i made up my self it is also my last name too hook that is lol i have many fav quotes,

you have nothing to fear but fear its self.

i tryed to keep you from pain but in the end hurt my self too i will not do
that again. another one i made up,

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe

Love Wisdom Truth 29-12-2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weimin3196
I'm currently on hunt for a favorite quote any suggestions? :hug2: :hug3: :hug2:

This one came in my mind today:
"When you help others you help first yourself." (Beinsa Douno)

Raymond 29-12-2011 07:06 PM

Magic stays where myth remains
{Sophie Ellis Bextor}

Bless, Raymond :smile:

bloke 09-02-2012 12:30 PM

“The pursuit of approval usually ends in disaster.” - Chris Morris

shareunity 12-02-2012 07:48 AM

what is hidden is more interesting than what is obvious.

Crooks 15-03-2012 11:11 AM

" Faith is necessary to win "

You are a competent person but you do not have faith on your self then you will be a looser.So always be confident and have faith on your self.

knightofalbion 15-03-2012 10:30 PM

I wish no living thing to suffer pain - Percy Bysshe Shelley

xebiche 17-03-2012 03:37 AM

"Clenched Fist For Revolution,
But Open Hands Birth Humility"

Saul Williams
- from the Slam Poetry "Tao of Now"