Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Aromatherapy (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   how to use cedarwood? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=141566)

miltk 26-09-2021 08:29 AM

how to use cedarwood?

this is my first post...hi y'all

what is the best way to use cedarwood oil for 1)sleep and 2)calm

and are cedarwood CHIPS effective for sleeping???

thx

BigJohn 26-09-2021 04:15 PM

Most Cedarwood oil can be put on the skin. test a little drop on your skin and see what happens.

As an oil, you can sniff it from the bottle which is what I like to do. You can see if you can wear it on your skin and you can put it in an oil diffuser (electric or candle) and let the oil be vaporized.

As for chips: dropping a few Cedar chips on some hot charcoal does wonders.

As for sleeping: some people use Cedarwood. Some people, especially some with allergies, use Sandalwood.

miltk 26-09-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Most Cedarwood oil can be put on the skin. test a little drop on your skin and see what happens.
As an oil, you can sniff it from the bottle which is what I like to do. You can see if you can wear it on your skin and you can put it in an oil diffuser (electric or candle) and let the oil be vaporized.
As for chips: dropping a few Cedar chips on some hot charcoal does wonders.

thx. i love the smell and for now i have been smelling it from the bottle. i'd like to just be able to lay down in a vat of that stuff...LOL

BigJohn 28-09-2021 06:50 AM

Have you thought about getting some cedar chips and make a 'bed' out of it?

Miss Hepburn 28-09-2021 10:24 AM

Well, no massage therapist would use it, even added to a bottle for the scent!!!!
And if they did...it would only happen one time! :biggrin:
You know for maybe $30 you can buy a box of thin planks that are made to line a closet wall...
for moth repellent.

miltk 30-09-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Have you thought about getting some cedar chips and make a 'bed' out of it?

yes. well not "bed exactly" but i wondered if such a solution is good,,,,or mabe a pillow of sorts

miltk 30-09-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, no massage therapist would use it, even added to a bottle for the scent!!!!
And if they did...it would only happen one time! :biggrin:
You know for maybe $30 you can buy a box of thin planks that are made to line a closet wall...
for moth repellent.

exactly my thought. some sort of pillow or bag of sorts.
is there such a thing as finding the freshest available cedarwood chips?

Miss Hepburn 30-09-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miltk
exactly my thought. some sort of pillow or bag of sorts.
is there such a thing as finding the freshest available cedarwood chips?

Chips, don't know. But any plank/ board/box can be sanded to bring out the smell. :smile:
I think even WalMart has 6 inch cedar on a rope for the closets, sand that every week by your pillow!!! Lol

miltk 01-10-2021 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Chips, don't know. But any plank/ board/box can be sanded to bring out the smell. :smile:
I think even WalMart has 6 inch cedar on a rope for the closets, sand that every week by your pillow!!! Lol

great. i get what you mean. shaving a block of woof exposes a fresh new layer, where chips have already been exposed fully and would lose their smell. great idea