Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Non Duality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   What is non duality? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140416)

JustASimpleGuy 13-06-2021 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
''Non-dual Awakening'' - good to place a title... so many will not click a link if their life depended on it.

Better? :wink: LOL!

It's another one of those funny little synchronicities. I started watching that lecture late last night but only made it partway through before I became very tired. I picked it up after my first post here this morning and it made the same point about extrinsic existence not detracting from nor adding to Intrinsic existence. I think "Someone" is trying to tell me something, or perhaps I'm just talking to myself? Hahaha!

Matty 13-06-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
It is amusing sometimes, especially in the context that one of the mainstays of Spirituality is awareness. If people were a bit more aware of what they were saying then maybe we wouldn't have a non-Duality discussion - maybe we'd be talking about beyond Duality instead.

What I said was that the case for non-duality doesn't make sense and to me it's neither common sense nor logic. If you think that's judgement then be my guest, but that's your perceptions and your choice. If you actually think about the term 'non-Duality' you'll understand what I'm trying to say - what's being said there is that the duality that you acknowledge the existence of doesn't exist. How is that sensible? The case for non-existence is nonsense.

True, awareness is the heart of mind, body, and soul. In that awareness is the Heart of Spiritually. To be aware requires understanding though and understanding is a constant endeavor. Just as awareness is a constant one can't have Awareness without an understanding. Duality is in the Heart of understanding of Awareness. You seem to be implying that Duality and understanding to be a basic concept and yet preach of advancement and that of beyond Duality. While not understanding the "basic's" one forget's that what they considered was basic was all in all is what's beyond.
When we don't allow ourselves to understand but instead believe we already know. Then how can anyone with this state become aware or have awareness.
The search for understanding is in a way a noble one. When one stands still and believes to know they cease to continue to understand. Once again all the known greats had this Awareness. Even your most high Jung knew this, and wrote it in one of his books in plain simple terminology. Which is good that he keept it simple that time since so many fail to understand him and his Heart of Philosophy.
I saw someone's signature quote of Bruce Lee, so I have to add. Just like so many fail to understand Bruce Lee and see a fighter. But the underlining concept in that even Jesus spoke of and later thru Paul's understanding of Jesus also spoke of.

Matty 13-06-2021 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade

By using the word you acknowledge that it exists and most of the arguments against duality are dualistic themselves. How is that Right Thinking? I enjoy the philosophical discussion but I need it to make sense, I can't make sense of a dualistic non-duality discussion. If you can see reason and logic in that, be my guest because I'd really enjoy reading it. To me, it's bonkers and maybe what we need to do is look to the thinking instead of reinforcing the personal dogma/narratives.

That's the thing about when one becomes Judgemental. They pass Judgement based upon themselves as apposed to a rational and or logical Judgment. Upon what is being judged.

I myself plainly stated that I wished to understand the purpose or intent of this section of the forum.
If non-duality is actually a belief system I do want to understand it.
So far it seems more of a undertone of a Philosophical way.
For some it's a Worldly view.
For some it's a Spiritual view.
For some it's both and yet neither.

Ewwerrin 13-06-2021 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty
I have been wondering what could non duality possibly be. Yet alone that there is some concept of non duality that there is a section devoted to it.

Non-duality is just an outdated term for Alignment with Source Consciousness. What people call the I AM. The all. As all is one and one is all. And everything exists here and now.
They are talking about absolute eternal and infinite laws of existence, of which there is no likeness to it. It is the God Head, or Fountainhead, or SOURCE CONSCIOUSNESS. Existence that is aware of itself as existence. Simply: I AM.
That from which everything stems.

If you wish to understand this I AM, in accordance with the law of one, it is a misperception to call it "non-duality" because duality exists as part of the trinity: positive & negative & the balance in between, that permeates throughout all of existence. One can call this trinity a wholesome understanding / conscious reflection of ONENESS/WHOLENESS. But you are free to call it "Non-duality" if you wish. Or a better word than ONENESS or NON-DUALITY is even, WHOLENESS. As all is one and one is all. And everything exists here and now.

I wrote the following to explain the I AM (non-duality / oneness / wholeness / Source Consciousness) per request in a different topic:

Yeah, the I AM is eternally ever expandingly aware of itself.
To point of I AM is to also indicate, a releasing of resistance, towards existence, as all is one and one is all. And all exists here and now.

So to understand its purpose of releasing of resistance. You have to understand what resistance really. Let's say you want to understand something, but you don't know it. And so your desire is encompanied by resistance, a self contradictory energetic thought pattern, that limits/diminishes your consciousness/awareness. Like "it is difficult to understand this." You can always feel your degree of resistance/misalignment/discord, by negative emotion, and feel your degree of allowance/alignment/harmony/resonance/blending by positive emotion.

And then when you release resistance, you say "I simply am. I simply exist. I am existence. I am."
Now here there is less resistance in your consciousness and awareness. And so there would be less negative emotion. And this lower state of resistance, causes your awareness/consciousness to expand more in alignment with all that exists, or SOURCE CONSCIOUSNESS / infinite intelligence / eternal wisdom / unconditional love / infinite allowance, etc.
And as a result you feel better emotionally, the more you consistently hold that vibration consciously expanding your awareness in conscious alignment with the Source of Consciousness itself, Which is consciousness, consciously being aware of your own conscious existence and being.

You thus then expand into unconditional love, not by any deed or action. But by simply allowing yourself to be what you truely are. Existence. Unconditional existence, beingness, unconditional love, bliss, etc.

So it is about allowing / resistance , which is indicated by your positive / negative emotions.

For you will never cease to exist. Because you are existence itself, and non existence, by definition, does not exist.

Therefor, you can only temporarily protest your existence "I DONT EXIST!" = negative emotion. For as long as you protest your existence.
Or allow your existence = "I AM" = positive emotion. = Releasing of resistence. And then the allowing of allowance naturally is allowed to be allowed. = Positive emotion.

That's all there is to it, really. But you can really tune into that state of allowing by allowing yourself to be the "I AM" more and more consistently and often and enjoy the positive emotion that must result from doing so, more and more aswell, and reach all the way to unconditional joy / bliss / knowledge / freedom / any and all things you may so desire to be do or have. Once this alignment with Source Consciously is firmly allowed to be established in your life and allowed to permeate freely and joyfully and naturally and effortlessly and extatically and ever expandingly and blissfully through your evermore natural and effortless being and becoming evermore here and now, where and when all that exists is being and becoming evermore here and now, as all is one and one is all.

JustASimpleGuy 13-06-2021 06:00 PM

Quote:

I myself plainly stated that I wished to understand the purpose or intent of this section of the forum.

Non-duality is beyond philosophy, worldview, spirituality or belief. They all point to It like the finger pointing at the Moon. They are just dualistic means to a non-dual end.

Here's another Bruce Lee quote. "A canoe is useful for crossing a river but once across don't carry the canoe on your back".

Intellect, of which all those means are products of, cannot wrap itself around non-duality because it's just an extrinsic appearance of duality within the intrinsic non-dual reality. It has to be experientially realized and in the end that means getting mind out of the way because the mind is dualistic and masks the underlying non-dual reality by the appropriating function of Ahamkara.

To be honest the only way to glimpse the underlying reality is to walk the walk and that means practice of non-dual techniques. In short it's not something to understand or believe but to "know" or realize.

This might not be a satisfactory answer but it's what is required. A path has to be walked and its practices engaged and in earnest.

Miss Hepburn 13-06-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
*Non-duality is beyond philosophy, worldview, spirituality or belief.
*... it's not something to understand or believe but to "know" or realize.

This, what he said. And there are many ways to 'get to' this ''Oneness experience''.
Then you'll be trying to put it into words for those here! :biggrin: It's like a curse.

Ciona 13-06-2021 06:37 PM

Quote:

For some it's a Worldly view.
For some it's a Spiritual view.
For some it's both and yet neither.

This, that.

iamthat 13-06-2021 07:44 PM

Quote:

If non-duality is actually a belief system I do want to understand it. So far it seems more of a undertone of a Philosophical way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Non-duality is beyond philosophy, worldview, spirituality or belief. They all point to It like the finger pointing at the Moon.

To be honest the only way to glimpse the underlying reality is to walk the walk and that means practice of non-dual techniques. In short it's not something to understand or believe but to "know" or realize.

And yet the practice of non-dual techniques is itself another process within duality.

The philosophy of non-duality appeals to the intellect because the intellect can grasp the concepts. However there is a tendency for the intellect to confuse the concept of non-duality with the reality of non-duality, whereas the reality of non-duality is beyond all intellectual understanding.

Non-duality is not some external state to be attained. Non-duality is our own nature. Which is why some teachers refer to this state as the Self. The key to realising the Self is complete surrender. This is not just the surrender of all our ideas and concepts, but the surrender of our identification with all that keeps us in a state of separation as small separate selves. Then we enter the formless void of non-duality and we realise that there is nothing which is not the Self.

Peace

Matty 13-06-2021 08:41 PM

@Ewwerrin

I like what you have to say, Thank you for sharing.
Allow me to share my thoughts on a topic within what you stated.

The Negative/Positive idea is Subjective by nature. Was created by nature of Subjectively.
Through the causality of such dualistic balance.
Let's take emotions for example there is no negative or positive emotion. Just as their is no chair or spoon or self. Emotions just like Energy has no negative or positive good or bad. Emotions is just a form of Energy afterall.
It's that rejection that you speak of that put's the oldest form of a Label subjective nature onto something. Negative and positive the oldest label that was once rejected. Now the worldly view is to reject the rejection of such label. The world has become conditioned to accept the unbalanced and so many will attack anything that threaten's such an awakening for an balance within. For this is the reality we are taught to be in and live in, Sadness me to see this as the reality of the world we live. Which is why a certain type of peoole who once was considered an honorable concept is now looked down on. Now they are considered a threat in today's reality.
I have mentioned the word learn towards myself a few times since I been here. For some reason something such as "learn" was basically attacked by this rejection of negative subjective nature. In that there is a form of non balance somewhere....

Let's take The Hulk for example for the sake of keeping things simple, thru a modern day analogy. As Budha once believed but the problem with keeping it simple now is. That is has became a band-aid of a label that keeps one from being able to seek or understand. Simple now roughly translate's to, I want an answer without actually knowing the question nor wanting to understand the answer. Simple now seems to used as a tool to accept the unbalanced to adjust and form to the worldy reality view. Even Jesus spoke of rejecting this concept and that the world will hate you for it.
Whoops back to the Hulk analogy. .
Hulk was angry and content with being angry. Even though he was angry that didn't mean he acted out towards others in anger. He still cared for others, he still fought against the "bad guy's". Hulk accepted his gift as well did Bruce Banner. Even though he was hunted down out of fear and such. Hulk and Banner both pursued a "higher" path. The curse part of this was that even though they was both balanced as Hulk and Banner as separate entities. They rejected each other as one. Hulk rejected Banner and Banner rejected Hulk
It was that inner conflict of unbalance that created this rejection, curse, negativity, etc etc
Later in the movie's after the universe was affected by the death of half of all existence.
Did Hulk and Banner find peace within and became one with that balance. There was no longer the Hulk and Banner there was just was one.
Without going on with the underlining details of that analogy.Ill leave it as that.

Ewwerrin 13-06-2021 09:28 PM

DELETE (Wrong text)