Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Buddhism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The teachings of pain and enlightenment? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140017)

lostsoul13 26-04-2021 09:18 PM

The teachings of pain and enlightenment?

How does the teaching guide —- on pain ;it states that one has to let go and over come the similar to reach enlightenment? That each pain thresh hold luck will find you if you are calm and overextended...?

Pain is just a perception that can be listened in too or rather has listened or is being listened —- like a list that’s never ending ——waking up?

pixiedust 27-04-2021 02:09 AM

Too generic; can you repeat your question?

lostsoul13 27-04-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixiedust
Too generic; can you repeat your question?

What is pain in enlightenment if pain is just like listening as a perception, describing pain during enlightenment per say...

sky 27-04-2021 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostsoul13
What is pain in enlightenment

Pain...

Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water,
After Enlightenment chop wood carry water :smile:

How you respond to ' Pain ' would be the difference....

Miss Hepburn 27-04-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
How you respond to ' Pain ' would be the difference....

I immediately talk to my buddy - my constant companion - God,
my Dad...
"I dunno why this is happening, Lord ...but I know You're having me exp it for a reason!!":smile:

I esp say something similar when I make a wrong turn..."Dunno why You're having me go this way...but I know it's for a reason!!!"
And I see soon it was! :hug3: :tongue:

God has sweet fruit and He has bitter fruit. :glasses9:
(Did I always think this way? Heck NO!)

This type of thinking is probably unrelatable to Non-dualists!!! LOL

pixiedust 01-05-2021 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostsoul13
What is pain in enlightenment if pain is just like listening as a perception, describing pain during enlightenment per say...

Suffering has sometimes been defined as your resistance to pain. If you stub your toe, there is still physical pain because we are still using the body. But the resistance is what dies. The suffering is what goes.

lostsoul13 05-05-2021 09:16 PM

So knowledge —- creates and dispossessions pain?

Unseeking Seeker 06-05-2021 06:04 AM

Leaving physical aspects aside, the emotional pain we feel may be traced back to delusion that we are only mind-body. Attachments, expectations ... are of mind-body or ego, which we are not.

As such, pain serves as a reminder, a wake up call, if you will, that a shift of our stuporous attention is called for, exiting stagnation.

AbodhiSky 06-05-2021 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
traced back to delusion that we are only mind-body... are of mind-body or ego, which we are not.
..a shift of our stuporous attention is called for, exiting stagnation.

awesome! i like the use of the word stuporous there but i had to look up the definition one aspect of which I find fitting:

"stupor is the lack of a level of consciousness"... a lack of awareness and understanding which limits what is possible as far as experiencing and perception.