Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Forum Help (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   "New Posts" not showing (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=122762)

Torgo 20-05-2018 12:30 AM

"New Posts" not showing

Does anyone else have this problem? When I hit New Posts-- whether it's for previous visit, day, week or month-- nothing shows. It always says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." This can't be possible because there are new posts. Lots of them. But they just don't register, even if I clear my cookies and sign off and on again.

Nameless 20-05-2018 02:31 PM

I have read here that they think it has to do with what internet browser you are using. I use Chrome and sometimes they are there, but most times not. Sorry I don't have a better answer. They recommend Mozilla.

Torgo 20-05-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nameless
I have read here that they think it has to do with what internet brower you are using. I use Chrome and sometimes they are there, but most times not. Sorry I don't have a better answer. They recommend Mozilla.

Thanks for the tip!

dream jo 20-05-2018 05:33 PM

sum tims deends in wish broswrs u usinn im on torchh broswrss i am fo me its grt but it still can hav its momnetss it can
hi by way

Traveler 11-11-2021 08:06 PM

I use Chrome. I think I found a way around it. I put in the search field "previous visit" and doncha know, it worked!!

:biggrin:

EDIT: Scratch that. While it gives new posts to me that I haven't read, older ones slip in there too. Not a total loss. Imma gonna have to see what changing browsers does. I use Chrome because I like the layout. Safari and Mozilla, not so much.

Dude111 13-11-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nameless
I have read here that they think it has to do with what internet brower you are using.

No the session times out I think,it happend to me today.... I was gonna ask Lynn about it....

I logged in and I had a PM so I was idle for about 10 mins while I replied to it... When I sent it my "YOU LAST VISITED" time was changed to 12:58pm (Instead of last night)

If DATABASE THREAD TRACKING was enabled that wouldnt happen because you need to manually reset your read status by clicking "Mark Forums read" it doesnt go by your last time here.........

However if Lynn could make the session 60 Mins,it wouldnt happen either (Unless you were idle more than 60mins)

Native spirit 14-11-2021 10:41 AM

I think this is a problem most of us have does'nt matter what you use
im on chrome and i get it also.

Namaste

Dude111 14-11-2021 07:19 PM

Yes its the session timeout....... If you make it 60mins NS,it wont happen :smile: (I assume your the admin)

bobjob 14-11-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111
Yes its the session timeout....... If you make it 60mins NS,it wont happen :smile: (I assume your the admin)

Whatever is happening to you isn't happening to me which suggests it's local to your own system rather than system-wide on this website.

Dude111 14-11-2021 07:33 PM

Well im telling you what I am seeing buddy :smile:

If I sit idle for 10 mins and then refresh the page and "YOU LAST VISITED" time was changed to the time you refreshed,it means the session has expired... Im on alot of VBB sites and this is the only one it happens on... (I know alot about VBB)

Im just trying to help :smile: