Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Lots of Praying In the World, and Things Seem Worse (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=144492)

Molearner 11-08-2022 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Glass half empty.
, spiritually advanced people,

I could be wrong, of course. Glass half full, to me.

Spiritually advanced people ? Who and where ? One has to wonder why we quote the ancients…..Rumi, Hafiz, Meister Eckhardt, and countless others. The agrarian societies experienced a more natural connection to God. When we think of modern society we like to think of Manhattan and ignore the proliferation of the universal ghettos. Ask the indigenous people if they are more spiritually advanced than their ancestors. I see a world that is increasingly materialistic rather than spiritual. Maybe I should borrow some rose colored glasses ?…….😁

Molearner 11-08-2022 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
..I say the scale tips to the advanced, content, healthy people now.

me.

Now for my money you have precisely described the very people who do not need God…..nor desire Him……..

Molearner 11-08-2022 06:24 PM

As an exercise in truth I googled the 15 richest countries in the world and the 15 most religious countries…..there was a direct reverse correlation……basically the richer a country is the less religious it will be…..

iamthat 11-08-2022 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molearner
Spiritually advanced people ? Who and where ? ... I see a world that is increasingly materialistic rather than spiritual.

I see a world that is increasingly both. Even within my lifetime I have seen a huge upsurge in spiritual interests, whatever form such interests may take.

Maybe humanity is now at a crossroads - it will be interesting to see which path is chosen.

Peace

Wagner 11-08-2022 06:46 PM

Quote:

Spiritually advanced people?

That might be an oxymoron. Yes?

Quote:

Who and where?
My buddy and I have a saying: "follow the trail of Money Earning." :P

Quote:

One has to wonder why we quote the ancients…..Rumi, Hafiz, Meister Eckhardt, and countless others.

Simple. Lack of originality in expression. Best case scenario, there. Worst case? Parroting.

Quote:

The agrarian societies experienced a more natural connection to God.
Closeness to the ground precludes flights of fancy! ;)

Quote:

When we think of modern society we like to think of Manhattan and ignore the proliferation of the universal ghettos.
"modern society?" Another oxymoron? I'm too cynical for this...

Quote:

Ask the indigenous people if they are more spiritually advanced than their ancestors. I see a world that is increasingly materialistic rather than spiritual. Maybe I should borrow some rose colored glasses ?…….��
I think that you need an attitude adjustment. Spirituality is an avenue which can lead to benevolent behavior amidst a callous cacophony of otherwise narcissistic compromise in this pitiless, contemporary world.

Molearner 11-08-2022 07:35 PM

[quote=Wagner

I think that you need an attitude adjustment. Spirituality is an avenue which can lead to benevolent behavior amidst a callous cacophony of otherwise narcissistic compromise in this pitiless, contemporary world.[/QUOTE]

My attitude is to seek truths that can be verified. To that purpose the search could be refined. Let others provide verifiable evidence that the well off are demonstrably more spiritual. I might note that this very forum is minuscule in relation to any social grouping. It is to easy to start thinking that everyone is spiritual if one’s contact to the spiritual world is this forum……

Wagner 11-08-2022 07:38 PM

Quote:

My attitude is to seek truths that can be verified. To that purpose the search could be refined. Let others provide verifiable evidence that the well off are demonstrably more spiritual. I might note that this very forum is minuscule in relation to any social grouping. It is to easy to start thinking that everyone is spiritual if one’s contact to the spiritual world is this forum……

Good for this forum. But your comment doesn't address what I was actually saying...

Peace.

[Edit]
PS
"Truths that can be verified?" I'm a firm proponent of Dharana, though it takes tremendous time and effort. It WILL give you what you seek if you follow it through. :) I guess I can appreciate your chiding in light of this. However, it also means I'll not be complacent to it! :P

Molearner 11-08-2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wagner
That might . Spirituality is an avenue which can lead to benevolent behavior amidst a callous cacophony of otherwise narcissistic compromise in this pitiless, contemporary world.

Wagner,

No idea of what you want me to respond to….So I comment on this. I have much firsthand experience that poverty leads to benevolence….the poor are very good at sharing……

Wagner 11-08-2022 08:29 PM

Quote:

Wagner,

No idea of what you want me to respond to….So I comment on this. I have much firsthand experience that poverty leads to benevolence….the poor are very good at sharing……

Eating food from trash cans? Yeah, I've been there. Sharing, as a commodity, is particularly profound when it isn't projected from the materialistically moneyed? Meh. However, poverty is not a guaranteed precursor to altruistic giving. I CAN attest to that as well! :) I'm saying that spirituality, whether it is founded in kindness or founded in foolish optimism, CAN (that is, there is a "chance of") do some good things. Again, I'm not hopeful. But maybe it might... ;)

ThatMan 12-08-2022 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaminhealth
overall.
I have my form of mantras and my form of prayers and do this work every day but not feeling much healing etc....if any. But I continue.
If nothing else I feel like I'm doing Some Good with my words going out
there.

I found out that when you let go of whatever weight you carry and just let go, give in to life, stop resisting and just breath, amazing, amazing things happen, you just have to see for yourself.

Do this while meditating, in the midst of your meditation, suddenly let go, let go, let go, accept whatever is, do not resist, let go, breath, let go, let yourself space out, let the weight fade away, let go. Let go of everything, worries, plans, people, situations, memories, problems, happiness, sadness, let go of everything, let go even of yourself, how you do this? Space out, embrace the space, the emptiness, the nothingness, give in, give in. Soon you will arrive at your natural state.

Mantras have this mystical thing about them, they open you up to more, they wide your awareness. Just the simple repeating of words that mean something to you has the power to put you in a light trance to receive answers to whatever you seek. If you ever get an audible answer, a meaningful message, something motivational, use that as a mantra, it has even more power.