Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Divination (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   How to come back from a bad Ouija Experience (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26238)

ahmandah 25-11-2011 04:11 PM

How to come back from a bad Ouija Experience

My past:

I will try to keep this as summarized as possible, as that it is over 20 years of history.

I was introduced to using a Ouija board with friends in my mid-adolescence. The initial conversations were more or less nonsense, until we came in regular contact with a male spirit who claimed to be a dead prisoner of sorts. We became somewhat “addicted” to the conversation, and keep it up regularly.

I moved residences, and decided to use the board by myself. At first the conversation was slow, but in time it picked up.

There then came a point I didn’t even need the board, although I still used it on and off. There was a virtual board in my mind’s eye and I could “read” (the term that was given to me in my head) without the board.

Of course, the conversation became an overwhelming and destructive force in my life; the preoccupation, the seclusion – family and friends thought I had gone crazy. I lost a lot of people and, even scarier still, lost myself.

It was no really longer fun, but I didn’t feel I had a choice in the matter any longer. The conversation would often turn hateful and scary. I was having violent nightmares, frequent episodes of astral catalepsy, my animals were harassed and terrorized, and I had the sensation of being constantly watched. As a teenager, I’m sure one can understand how horrifying this truly was - I would only change clothes, shower, or otherwise use the bathroom in the pitch black.

Anyhow, it took me almost ten years to come back from this negative attachment, and it has been a long and difficult road. I’ve finally learned how to assert my rights to be contacted, at least as far as that particular entity was concerned, and cease “cut the cord” to this particular situation.

My current situation:

Although I have closed myself off from that past situation and spiritual communication in general, I still remain sensitive to spiritual presences, although, I admit, I still try to block them out.

I sense there is a male spirit in my current residence, whom I believe is quite confused. I would like to help him or be of help, but I have built a spiritual wall around me the size of Fort Knox.

I’m not sure if it was this particular spirit, but several years ago I awoke to a male for at my bedside (I was heavily pregnant at the time, and needed my own space to sleep, so I slept in another room separate from hubby) one night. Thinking it was my husband, I cocked my head to one side, and was about to ask “What’s the matter?” because the form was just looking over me and saying nothing, when the form evaporated before my eyes. This happened as I was waking up from a dream and, after the form dissolved, I sensed it was a spirit making sure I got back ‘home’ safely. I felt only comforted by the apparition, which actually was the first time in my LIFE I’ve had a clearly positive experience.

Words really cannot tell what a long, horrible, and emotionally tortuous road it was to come back from that Ouija board incident. There are many details I had left out to not make this post any more overwhelming, but I have something of a PTSD from it.

I understand that the negativity comes from within, but, frankly – I’m still largely paralyzed by the fear of a spirit attaching to me. I feel I have to put up the iron-clad protections and seal off ALL spirits to be safe, but, at the same time, I feel I am denying myself access to piece of myself.

Any words of wisdom? Recommendations on how to proceed? Even many years later and ultimately victorious, I find it difficult to move past the fear from the past.

Juanita 25-11-2011 10:16 PM

I don't quite know what to say here...If you believe in such things, I imagine you could be affected in some mental and emotional way.......the key word here is "belief".......spirit cannot hurt you in any physical way and if you accept negative thoughts and feelings then it is up to you to overcome this by raising your vibration with meditation, etc....... You may have loved ones on the otherside that are trying to communicate with you......they are always watching over us, along with our other spirit guides.......

Coming2 26-11-2011 12:49 AM

Hi AhMandah,

I have seen this time and time again with people who do not use protection when first using a spirit board. It is very common for things to attach themselves to you and it is also very common to get the pants scared off of you. I am so glad to know you broke that attachment.

I understand your fear 100%..I have had an attachment before and it took me a really long time to get comfortable enough to open myself up again. What I had to do was get strong enough in my faith and maintain boundaries and protections in order to open up again. I had to make sure that I was protected and covered in case of a nasty coming through. There are alot of books and info out there that can help you learn to build these protections until you are comfortable enough. Its really hard to discern spirits in the beginning. They often come thru very pleasing, comforting and helpful but sometimes they change on a dime and become mean and aggressive. For me, I make sure that I never start any session without letting any spirit out there know that if they are not from the Light then they do not have a right to contact me. I rebuke them. I cover myself in the white light of the Holy Spirit and that is my protective bubble. I have to maintain focus on the bubble as I proceed.

Since you have had so many bad experiences and have the PTSD as a result then it might be wise to not make contact. You can tell the spirit that you thank them for their care and wish them well but you can not open yourself up any further to them. If it is a good spirit they will respect this. Also ask your Angels and Guides to help you discern this spirits intentions. I have woken up many times with someone standing over me. I also felt comforted and later learned that it was my Angel or Guide checking on me. So you never know!!

Best Wishes and keep us posted...

ahmandah 26-11-2011 01:02 AM

I suppose I should be a bit more specific.

It isn't my intent to perpetuate some any victim mentality. Anyone that knows me best would know it's hardly my style. I would, however, appreciate a bit of understanding that my fear isn't something based on something amorphous, it is something real and something that has already happened to me.

What I would like is to hear some shared experience, but, more importantly, discuss manners of addressing and overcoming this fear. I can't shake the sense that in re-opening that door, I will have things with which I will have to deal.

Considering my history and experience, I'd like know the ways someone thinks I should prepare.

P.S.: Sorry, Coming2, I wrote this before you posted! Thank you!!

nightowl 26-11-2011 01:43 AM

ahmandah,

If you are serious about opening yourself up to the spirits once again then I would suggest that you take time to educate yourself about it. Ask yourself what purpose do you feel it is to play in your life? Learn how to protect and ground yourself. When dealing with spirits and guides coming from a place of fear is not where you want to start. If you are sensitive you need to learn how to set boundaries and know your authority. SF is a good place to ask specific questions, there are many here who deal with spirits and working with them on a regular basis so ask away, move at a pace that you feel comfortable with and if your spirit says 'no', well then don't proceed. I hope you find what you are seeking...

It is possible to come back from negative experiences...I was once told I was earmarked by the devil because of what I sensed and saw...well I can say for certain I am not, :D

ahmandah 26-11-2011 03:37 AM

Sound advice, nightowl. It is precisely why I am here.

In spite of the negative aspects of the experience, it has helped me develop other things, like clairaudience and 'automatic writing'. Problem is that the negative attachment ran so much interference, it ceased becoming useful and become more of a frustration. Before the noise from the lower-level became so pervading, I was able to speak with wiser, higher-level spirits who had much to discuss with me.

I do miss that aspect of it.

Learning to protect myself and ground myself has only taken me so far. It's detached the entity and kept it at a distance, but he still awaits an opening back in. I sense it.

Therefore, I know that if I pursue it, I will have some old junk with which to deal. I would like to be ready.

nightowl 26-11-2011 04:14 AM

I can understand that apprehension, that feeling of it laying in wait for an opening.

It can be a process and it seems you have taken steps to get it detached. Now you need to surround yourself with positive guides and angels to assist you further and in the future. Think for a minute how its gained power? You fed it, now you need to learn how to starve it and feed the other positive guides. You see, you will encounter others like this one once again as you begin to work with them again, but you will be wiser for this experience and knowledge that you will now learn to deal with this one.:wink: You ultimately have the power to send it away but like you said you do not want to be vulnerable when you attempt it...learn and study you will know when you are ready. This is all part of learning to trust your own intuition and giftings.

Heptasteros 24-12-2011 11:17 AM

Yes, you are denying a piece of yourself. To open up to that whole realm is to grow much larger - to close up is to grow much smaller and much less complete.

All negativity is NOT entirely from within, although what is within you can sometimes be the scent that brings spiritual/ethereal predators sniffing around to prey on you - but, contrary to what is often implied by others in spiritual discussions, not because of something you did wrong.

If you wish to continue contacting spirits and doing things in that whole realm - you'll need to take the good with the bad and learn to combat the bad and forge alliances with the good in your own way. What you've experienced is something many like to bury their heads in the sand about and say doesn't happen or is just some "inner demons" or whatever - but don't let people play blame-the-victim just because they can't deal with the idea that bad stuff just might be lurking in their sandbox. What's true to you is true to you. Period.

That being said - you've got something addicted to preying on you, and spirits like that do not like to be turned away. I've had experience with it myself. Pushing them away won't work - they'll just sit there waiting some more. After all, they've got nothing but time, and you've only got one life to live. You will need to learn to be offensive rather than simply defensive - and be ready for them to be very ticked off about it. When you start hitting back, they don't like it, obviously. But it does a heck of a lot more than hiding in a fortress, even if the walls do keep them out most of the time.

I'm going to assume this thing's pretty dark, right? Most of them are... One thing I've done, and I'm not sure how well it'll work for you (if nothing else it may take practice), is use some serious bright and burning light. I'm not talking bright fluffy butterflies with angels singing - I'm talking sunlight that burns the eyes, a supernova that destroys the darkness. Most of the dark stuff isn't too fond of this kind of energy...if you manage to tap into it and wield it correctly, be ready for lots of rage from this thing, and don't back down. Eventually it will learn, if you stay strong, that every time it comes to bug you it gets punched in the face. You'll become much less alluring and it will go troll someone else.

As for the forging new alliances part - you're correct in being careful. Far too many people go bursting into the aether like "O HAI PRETTY SPIRITS, C'MERE AND USE ME" -- for the love of all that is holy do NOT do that ****, it is utter idiocy. Just be cool, you know? Try to approach new spirits wisely...don't trust too readily, even if they try to make themselves look nice and pretty. I can tell you that some of the prettier spirits can be real mischievous and downright mean, and some of the darker ones can be really wise - appearances, even (and especially!) in the spiritual, are NOT everything.

If you really do want to step into stuff like this? Just be smart about it. Learn some offensive tactics rather than just defensive. And be aware that it may get kinda lonely if you get deep into it - while it may be fulfilling to you, there aren't many willing to talk about certain aspects of spirituality, and even other spiritual people may turn their noses at certain things. Just the fact that you assert you've had the experiences you have with the ouija board can garner reactions of "Oh well I just call on the light" or "That doesn't happen"....ignore it. Obviously you know what happened, you appear to be handling it as best you can with as level a head as possible...so, don't worry about that stuff.

Anyway - if you start re-opening to this stuff, just realize each time you do you put out energy that can be sensed, sort of like turning on the porch light saying "Hey, I'm taking guests." Be smart, be careful, and be aware of the risks - and if you feel it's worth it? Go for it! I do this kind of stuff all the time and I really wouldn't have it any other way, myself. It's worth it to me. It's not all bad, I've had some great experiences too.

Heptasteros 24-12-2011 11:31 AM

Also I agree with what Coming2 said - if you don't feel ready, don't do it, just thank the kinder spirit for its kindness and tell it you need some time. As Coming2 said, if it's a good spirit it should understand.

And like nightowl said ... maybe educate yourself. Jumping in unprepared - especially if you already got yourself a lurker - might not be the best plan. Just be careful and pace yourself, choose wisely what path you want to take. :)

vulkus 24-12-2011 11:38 AM

I am curious what did you do with that ouija board, how did you dispose of it?