Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Aromatherapy (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Oil for Migraine (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=93169)

55Degrees 05-11-2015 08:08 PM

Oil for Migraine

I'm not really familiar with aromatherapy so I'm hoping someone here could recommend a good essential oil or blend of oils for migraines, either to soothe or relieve the symptoms (I get the full range of symptoms).
Recently I have been having an increase in attacks so hoping someone could suggest something to help alleviate them before I feel compelled to use stronger medication that the GP has suggested.

Moon_Glow 27-01-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
I'm not really familiar with aromatherapy so I'm hoping someone here could recommend a good essential oil or blend of oils for migraines, either to soothe or relieve the symptoms (I get the full range of symptoms).
Recently I have been having an increase in attacks so hoping someone could suggest something to help alleviate them before I feel compelled to use stronger medication that the GP has suggested.

I am in the same boat as you - I have such an aversion to smell that its really hard to even think about what would work during a full blown episode...

Eucalyptus seems to work OK for me - unfortunately I cannot use regular migraine medication as I had an adverse reaction once... its pain pills or suffer.

The only real relief I've ever had was after Acupuncture - headache free (COMPLETLEY) for around 3 years.

nadia5 27-01-2016 09:00 PM

I don't know about aromatherapy for migraine but i do have a good technique that could help cure more than one ailments. would you like to know?

Moon_Glow 27-01-2016 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadia5
I don't know about aromatherapy for migraine but i do have a good technique that could help cure more than one ailments. would you like to know?

I would!!!!!

pathtosirius 02-05-2016 11:11 AM

Peppermint oil is great for minor migraines, another would be Lavender oil. The best would be to stay in a quiet and dark room if you can, and just rest and relax, while you recover from your migraine.
You can also sip some relaxing teas, such as Chamomile, it also helps to relax your nerves too.

Making a compress from Chamomile tea too also helps. Herbs such as ones that helps calms and works on the nerves too, helps greatly.
Another would be sound healing that can help with migraines.

Floatsy 06-05-2016 04:55 AM

What is the cause of migraines?

Baile 06-05-2016 09:16 PM

Have you tried castor oil pack on the tummy with a heating pad? I know people who swear by it for migraines. Cayce talked about it I believe.

Floatsy 07-05-2016 05:30 AM

Interesting.

Shivani Devi 31-05-2016 09:44 AM

Violet Oil! Socrates swore by it.

Enchanted_DreamFaerie 23-09-2016 03:10 PM

Thanks for this thread because I suffer from a lot of headaches too from stress too from depression. Sometimes I meditate and relax and stay perfectly still. I'm also planning on buying a book on Aromatherapy. I love using oils and lotions, body washes. They're very relaxing and soothing for the mind. They always put me in a positive mind set whenever I use them. Especially when I use Lavender. I plan on checking in to Violet Oil: Thanks The Necromancer!! :smile: If anyone has any other suggestion for myself or the original poster please suggest them. Thank you.