Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Two amazing sources of life. (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=141173)

The Cobbler's Apprentice 23-08-2021 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickiel
I kind of think time and space will be meaningless in eternity, just not all that important anymore. The people will be the important, their healing and indoctrination to this stunning new Life.


The "new" life is here, now. One need not die to start living (accept in a figurative sense)

sky123 23-08-2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
The "new" life is here, now.

Each moment is a new beginning in the 'New life' ...

DavidHenson 23-08-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickiel
Time does not mean anything to me. I see nothing wrong with time and I don't think God cares about it either.

Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide said time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Time doesn't mean anything unless it is necessary for you to make use of it. I think time must have been important to Jehovah God because he put a great deal of effort into the availability, to us, of the marking of it's passage. God is extraordinarily practical.

DavidHenson 23-08-2021 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus
Yet, we live in time and space? What does that make of this physical world?


Like Peale said. We are in eternity now. God created the universe, including Earth, which he gave us, for us. The movement of the stars, sun and moon have a spiritual (unseen yet powerful) force on us. The seasons, the tide, the day, the night and the guidance of the stars.

Dirt. From which we came, contains nutrients - sequences in the soil, in the sand; healing microbes in the ocean.

The physical world is a spiritual world.

Morpheus 23-08-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidHenson
Like Peale said. We are in eternity now. God created the universe, including Earth, which he gave us, for us. The movement of the stars, sun and moon have a spiritual (unseen yet powerful) force on us. The seasons, the tide, the day, the night and the guidance of the stars.

Dirt. From which we came, contains nutrients - sequences in the soil, in the sand; healing microbes in the ocean.

The physical world is a spiritual world.


Regarding the organic world.

Wherein the survival instinct is primary.
The cause of misery throughout the history of mankind.

DavidHenson 23-08-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
The "new" life is here, now.


The new life? Is that a new age concept? If the new life were here now wouldn't that just be the old life?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
One need not die to start living (accept in a figurative sense)


Does one needs to live to start dying?

You mean except in a figurative sense? Or accept it in a figurative sense?

DavidHenson 23-08-2021 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Each moment is a new beginning in the 'New life' ...


I think I read that on a bumper sticker once. :cool:

The Cobbler's Apprentice 23-08-2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidHenson
The new life? Is that a new age concept?



No. Simply learning from many Christian mystics such as Meister Eckhart (13th century) who have themselves learnt from NT verses such as "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come."



Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidHenson
Does one needs to live to start dying?

You mean except in a figurative sense? Or accept it in a figurative sense?


Sorry, not a clue what you are babbling about.

Edit:- oh I get it! I'm slow sometimes.....yes except, not accept.

The Cobbler's Apprentice 23-08-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
The "new" life is here, now. One need not die to start living (accept in a figurative sense)


So we have "Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds."

Why do my words draw forth such nonsensical. comments?

(Particularly on a Christian section)

:confused:

Edit:- Now I know!

sky123 23-08-2021 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidHenson
I think I read that on a bumper sticker once. :cool:

Mybe, not that I've personally seen any :smile:


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums