Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Two amazing sources of life. (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=141173)

mickiel 22-08-2021 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidHenson
You are using eternity in some metaphysical way? Eternity is just a great deal of time so how can we "be in" a great deal of time?

Because the time never ends,,we are engulfed by it. Eternity just means endless time. Explain to me how we cannot be in a great deal of time. We will be in eternity, thus be in time as well. We may not be affected by time

DavidHenson 22-08-2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickiel
Time will exist in eternity.

Time is eternity. Eternity is time. Am I missing something? Has the word eternity been given some quixotic application?

DavidHenson 22-08-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Explain to me how we cannot be in a great deal of time. We will be in eternity, thus be in time as well. We may not be affected by time

Hmm. You see, the trouble is "spiritually" inclined people often tend to make mountains out of molehills. Philosophical conundrums.

Time is just a measurement, as you've said. So, if you say we are in time that simply means we exist within a specific measurement of time. We don't affect time. How are we affected by time? Well, we are, in our current state, affected by the passage of time. How could we be affected by eternity? It's passage? No. How would it be affected by us. It wouldn't. We can't speed time or slow it down. Eternity is just a great deal of time. If we are in it, even without ageing or death, we are still affected by time.

We can't transcend time or eternity.

DavidHenson 22-08-2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

We see water and fire always around God. Its on his very throne. As John was given this extraordinary look at God, he said he looked like Carnelian , which is an orange gem, and jasper , which is a red colored quartz crystal. So John saw God as having a dark complexion, and Jesus is probably the same.

No. It isn't about complexion. They are spirit, not flesh. They have no complexion.

DavidHenson 22-08-2021 08:33 PM

Quote:

In Rev. 22:16 Jesus is from the root of David. In 1Sam.16:12 David's skin color was "Ruddy", or dark red.

Well. Okay. Youthful, healthy glow. Also see 1 Samuel 17:42. He is looked upon with contempt due to his ruddy complexion because he's just a kid. It isn't his skin color they object to, it's his youth and inexperience.

DavidHenson 22-08-2021 08:37 PM

Quote:

Eternity is endless time, so there is time in eternity. There is nothing wrong with time , it's not sinful , it's not against God. Why are some trying to remove time from eternity?

I, uh . . . I didn't catch that. So I'm not sure about why that is. It could be that eternity is being misapplied or that time is. Uh, you could say eternity is ageless, timeless, for example. That's why we can get tripped up on words and their various applications.

DavidHenson 22-08-2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Yes , I think they exclude it in error. Eternity is not timeless in my view.

Well, but you see, it's nonsensical only if you don't take into consideration the literal or metaphorical application of language. To say someone is ageless, timeless, in a hyperbolic sense isn't a literal application.

So what are the words? Time, eternity, and let's add sinful because that was discussed earlier. What do they mean? Time in a literal sense is the measurement based upon the luminaries. Time and seasons. Days, years, months . . . (Genesis 1:14)

Eternity is time without end. Since eternity exists in that it is time without end, it is, in a sense, timeless.

Sin means to miss the mark. It doesn't matter who set the mark that is being missed, God or man. Can time miss the mark? No. It is miscalculated. That is sinning against time, not a sin of time.

The Bible says there is a time for everything. There are appointed times. So, just as if you are 15 minutes late you have sinned against your employer or whoever set the mark for the time being 15 minutes prior to your having arrived, so it is if you miss the time set by God. Still time isn't the one sinning.

Time can also be used in a metaphoric sense. Time passes slowly in prison or church or school or reading my posts.

Ahem . . . yes, well, we are all, in a sense, in eternity in that time will not end even though we will. If we are resurrected into life forever we are still not in eternity in the sense that we weren't here before time began. [edit by author: I can't believe no one called me out on this. It makes no sense. Are you paying attention?] We are in eternity in that we are in time, before it ends.

So is Satan, who will end, and who will be released from the abyss and then deceive and cause destruction to many who are resurrected into "eternity."

Nonsensical if you don't take into account the language.

mickiel 22-08-2021 10:43 PM

Time does not mean anything to me. I see nothing wrong with time and I don't think God cares about it either.

Morpheus 23-08-2021 12:43 AM

Quote:

Time does not mean anything to me. I see nothing wrong with time and I don't think God cares about it either.

"Time and space are modes in which we think and not conditions in which we live."
Einstein

Physicist Julian Barbour wrote, "The End of Time".

Yet, we live in time and space? What does that make of this physical world?

mickiel 23-08-2021 09:42 AM

I kind of think time and space will be meaningless in eternity, just not all that important anymore. The people will be the important, their healing and indoctrination to this stunning new Life.