Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Two amazing sources of life. (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=141173)

mickiel 22-10-2021 11:18 PM

In Rev.22:17,, this is after all the killing and destruction , _And t8he spirit and the bride say come ,if you can hear come,if you're thirsty come, and anybody and everyone can drink the water of life freely. And those in the lake of fire or just close to it really need that drink.

The Water of life free!

AbodhiSky 29-10-2021 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
I doubt that God would even know what Satan/Demons are..... They are both ' Human ' inventions :smile:

Matthew 4:
8 Again, the devil took Jesus to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” 10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.

Do you think Jesus knew what they were?

mickiel 04-11-2021 10:03 AM

I think the majority of versions have been human versions., Some better than others. Deception has become an art form.

sky123 04-11-2021 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickiel
I think the majority of versions have been human versions., Some better than others. Deception has become an art form.

Imo all the versions came from Humans :icon_eek:

FallingLeaves 04-11-2021 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickiel

I still wonder sometimes, why people have so little faith in god, that they can't rely on him to get his message across in his book just because a few meanies want to write some deceptive words in the book too? I mean, people really seem to think God just isn't up to the task of taking on the meanies and beating them at their own game? Apparently, noone really believes in omniscience/omnipotence.

And too, y'all seem to want to reduce god to being impotent. That he isn't even powerful enough to put a message somewhere if he wants? Heck you aren't even giving him as much credit as you do human advertisers, who are known to employ all sorts of psychological tricks that most people don't explore to sell product. Is he really that impotent that he can't even do as much as the advertisers do? lol.

The trick is getting past the idea that things have to be both obvious and spoon fed to you. As you get out in relation to what you put in.

But of course it is difficult to go mining for meaning, much easier to just sit with your mouth open and wait for food to be dropped into it.

Which could also work BTW, if people didn't have such high standards for what they want to eat that they outright reject many of the foods God wants to feed them.

The Anointed 05-11-2021 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
Which could also work BTW, if people didn't have such high standards for what they want to eat that they outright reject many of the foods God wants to feed them.

Rather than eat the unleavened bread that has come down to us from heaven, the greater majority prefer to eat the bread that has been swollen out of all proportion, and the true taste corrupted by the yeast that has been added by the priests and rulers of the world.

Mark 8: 15; Jesus said: Be careful. Watch out for the yeast of the Pharisees and Herod, etc"

BigJohn 05-11-2021 03:45 AM

Some might find the unleavened bread to be tasty instead of behaving like a person with cibophobia.

The Anointed 05-11-2021 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Some might find the unleavened bread to be tasty instead of behaving like a person with cibophobia.

Indeed, some do find the unleavened bread (The Manna) that came down from heaven to be much more tasty than the bread that has been polluted by the yeast that has been added to the pure heavenly loaf.

But I believe that the greater majority of those who call themselves Christians, do suffer from cibophobia, and are terrified that if they were to eat any spiritual food that is forbidden by their mother church (The Roman Canon) they will die.

BigJohn 05-11-2021 05:19 AM

I have to agree with you.

As Jesus taught, we are not here to judge.

At the appointed time, the wheat surely will shine out amongst the chaff.

sky123 05-11-2021 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Anointed

But I believe that the greater majority of those who call themselves Christians, do suffer from cibophobia, and are terrified that if they were to eat any spiritual food that is forbidden by their mother church (The Roman Canon) they will die.

But when you've been 'Spoon fed' since your Childhood it's hard for some to change their eating habits :smile: but possible.....