Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Non Duality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   What is non duality? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140416)

Matty 11-06-2021 04:18 AM

What is non duality?

I have been wondering what could non duality possibly be. Yet alone that there is some concept of non duality that there is a section devoted to it.

HITESH SHAH 11-06-2021 08:38 AM

Nonduality

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty
I have been wondering what could non duality possibly be. Yet alone that there is some concept of non duality that there is a section devoted to it.

It's a way of life which recognizes while things look dual , it is also non-dual and lead the life with belief n conviction also in non duality.

Greenslade 11-06-2021 08:50 AM

Non-duality is great fun when you step back and watch a thread on it. It's people who are often too wrapped up in the Spirituality to realise that they're using duality to argue the existence of something they've already acknowledged the existence of.

God-Like 11-06-2021 09:45 AM

In a way it's whatever you want it to be . No-one has got jurisdiction or the monopoly of what it means . It's made up as a concept but for many it refers to there is no separation that exists even within individual experience but the waters muddy when peeps think it refers to One entity fundamentally, which then personalises God or what you are prior to experiencing individuality .

Non duality from another perspective reflects duality because you can't have non duality without it's comparison present .

It would be like saying there is only thin people in a world without knowing or having realised that opposite .

You will never have a constant regarding the mentioning of non duality and that's why this concept can potentially run and run and run through similar motions forevermore .

x daz x

Miss Hepburn 11-06-2021 10:58 AM

Simply - there was never, is never and won't be ever 2 of anything.
There is Only One, m'dear sis.
We appear to be separate. We appear to be many.
We seem to have individualized souls. But, nope.
We are still all within or part of or extensions of The One. :icon_cheers:
Have I experienced it directly, up-close and personal rather then read about it?
Oh yeah. Mind blowing, jaw dropping experience, I must say!

Unseeking Seeker 11-06-2021 12:00 PM

As we stand, recognising that we are ourselves divided between head and heart, it is easy to accept that we would be qualified to know the truth about non-duality only after we first meld head with heart, in resonance with higher octaves of the vibration of love (compassion & purity of being). Then we will ‘know’ as opposed to ‘conceptualising’.

Otherwise, we can keep debating endlessly.

How to meld head with heart? Feel. Don’t think. Choose connecting instead of grasping.

Rah nam 11-06-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Simply - there was never, is never and won't be ever 2 of anything.
There is Only One, m'dear sis.
We appear to be separate. We appear to be many.
We seem to have individualized souls. But, nope....

Yet, outside of source there has to be duality to some degree.

Without it there can not be any expansion.
And expansion is what creation is all about.
Expansion of consciousness.

Miss Hepburn 11-06-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rah nam
Yet, outside of source there has to be duality to some degree.
Without it there can not be any expansion.
And expansion is what creation is all about.
Expansion of consciousness.

Agreed. :smile: I would add even more than 'just' expansion.

Matty 11-06-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
It's a way of life which recognizes while things look dual , it is also non-dual and lead the life with belief n conviction also in non duality.

I can understand and accept if some people have an idea or belief in something such as non-duality or different religious beliefs...to each their own.

But what you stated only express's a conviction of a belief and accepting that as a way of life. Without actually expressing the ideology behind the conviction of said belief.
An example: What is Judaism? It's just a convection that I follow in Life in something I believe in.
That's cool, but I still have no clue what Judaism is though.

Matty 11-06-2021 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
Non-duality is great fun when you step back and watch a thread on it. It's people who are often too wrapped up in the Spirituality to realise that they're using duality to argue the existence of something they've already acknowledged the existence of.

If that's your philosophy in Life, cool beans.

For me my Philosophy is just to attempt to understand something, instead of acting like I know something.

Too or To? Ehh I just use to...Too makes me think of Tootsie rolls then I forgot to learn which one is used properly :(