Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Massage (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   MASSAGE OILS? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=134245)

BigJohn 04-09-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
....LOLOL..... i don't quite know how that would have worked !!!!!......

Well...... this is the Massage Thread...........

BigJohn 04-09-2020 04:58 PM

Let's look at some blends....

I like Rose oil with a little bit of Lemon Grass Oil to give it a more exotic smell, what do you think?

Elfin 05-09-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Let's look at some blends....

I like Rose oil with a little bit of Lemon Grass Oil to give it a more exotic smell, what do you think?

Hi..... Well that's it then.. I cannot possibly come and live with you now.. we are not compatible.... Rose oil is probably my least favourite aroma of oils, along with lavender....LOL.... I'm really just not keen at all on any of the floral fragrances.... Too sweet for me by far.... However I do love all the citrus fragrances , Lemon in particular... I buy so many lemons in real life.... But never to eat !!! I use them for cleaning and all-sorts. I like also the woody earthy aromas.. and also the peppermint and eucalyptus aromas.....

BigJohn 06-09-2020 05:43 AM

Don't frit!!! I was only thinking that about Rose and Lemon grass.
You can still come.........

Maybe I should devote more time to Patchouli.

As for Peppermint, I really love her smell.

I also love Eucalyptus oil and I also love Camphor oil. I got to see what the smell would be like combining the latter two.
What do you think?

Elfin 06-09-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Don't frit!!! I was only thinking that about Rose and Lemon grass.
You can still come.........

Maybe I should devote more time to Patchouli.

As for Peppermint, I really love her smell.

I also love Eucalyptus oil and I also love Camphor oil. I got to see what the smell would be like combining the latter two.
What do you think?

Hi... Worth a try mixing the latter two, although I've not worked with Camphor oil myself, should work well with Eucalyptus... Anything like that excellent for aiding congestion..sinuses .... Reminds me of olbas oil we use on pillow to ease a bad cold. Or the Vicks chest rub etc... Love the smell of those!!... In fact I could eat Vicks straight from the tub LOL...( Don't worry , I won't!)....

BigJohn 06-09-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Hi... Worth a try mixing the latter two, although I've not worked with Camphor oil myself, should work well with Eucalyptus... Anything like that excellent for aiding congestion..sinuses .... Reminds me of olbas oil we use on pillow to ease a bad cold. Or the Vicks chest rub etc... Love the smell of those!!... In fact I could eat Vicks straight from the tub LOL...( Don't worry , I won't!)....

Olbas oil?
I am not familiar with that one so I looked it up. Sounds great. Was surprised that it can even be used as a massage oil!

As for me, if I want to get focused, Camphor does the job very fast.

A question I have always wanted to ask deals with Frankincense and Myrrh Oil. Frankincense Oil and Myrrh Oil are each essential oils but when combined, they become a blend but it seems they are always considered and sold as an essential oil. I wonder if anybody else has noticed that irregularity?

Elfin 07-09-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Olbas oil?
I am not familiar with that one so I looked it up. Sounds great. Was surprised that it can even be used as a massage oil!

As for me, if I want to get focused, Camphor does the job very fast.

A question I have always wanted to ask deals with Frankincense and Myrrh Oil. Frankincense Oil and Myrrh Oil are each essential oils but when combined, they become a blend but it seems they are always considered and sold as an essential oil. I wonder if anybody else has noticed that irregularity?

No ..not noticed.... I had frankincense oil once .. but that was all....

BigJohn 08-09-2020 04:35 AM

Made some massage oil today.

1 pound of Shea Butter.

1 pound of Coconut Oil

2 ounces of Patchouli Oil.

I was surprised, The Patchouli Oil is barely noticeable.

Elfin 08-09-2020 07:14 AM

Quote:

Made some massage oil today.

1 pound of Shea Butter.

1 pound of Coconut Oil

2 ounces of Patchouli Oil.

I was surprised, The Patchouli Oil is barely noticeable.

I love Shea butter... And patchouli.... You only added a small ammount of patchouli, so the fragrance may have been a little lost.... I know patchouli has a strong distinct woody tone,and you wouldn't have wanted to lose the others by adding too much. Try just a little more... Having said that, the benefit of the patchouli would still be present ...

BigJohn 09-09-2020 01:25 AM

Quote:

I love Shea butter... And patchouli.... You only added a small ammount of patchouli, so the fragrance may have been a little lost.... I know patchouli has a strong distinct woody tone,and you wouldn't have wanted to lose the others by adding too much. Try just a little more... Having said that, the benefit of the patchouli would still be present ...

I already tried the massage oil on my arms. I would say it has improved my arms considerably. As for the Patchouli Oil, I can smell it now. Yesterday, I do not think I could smell it because I was overwhelmed by the smell.

What oil should I try for tomorrow, any suggestions?