Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sub-thread: What is the Blockage in the Meridians (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=142000)

LYACMT 14-11-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume
One thing I've noticed recently also.
I could feel that my spine was breathing. I had that great sensation coming from it, I don't think I experienced it a lot in my life, but it seems to be one effect.

Any explanation you would have?

Yes, it is one of the effect in practising Zhan Zhuang.

In the Eight extraordinary meridians, there is one someone called Governor Vessel which route is mostly along the spine at the back.This meridian was wide open and clear at birth, but it starts to become narrower and narrower from age 16 for male and from age 14 for female, when it become almost close at an older age, the life will also be at its end.

Fortunately, one of the effects of Zhan Zhuang is to stopping the narrowing of that meridian, or even make it wider and be back to the status close to the birth. However, the trend can not be changed, but the duration of that change can be extended.

So what you feel I believe is that you are widing that particular meridian at the central of your back while you are practising Zhan Zhuang.

It means that you are good at Zhan Zhuang and the total quantity of Qi within your body is at a comparatively high level cause it shows up after you did it for Only One month or Two. Your case is outstanding, cause as far as I know, it will normally take more than half year, and someone whose quantity of Qi is at a lower level, it show ups after years or never.

You could talk to the one who taught you, he should know. :wink:

liuyiacmt

sky 14-11-2021 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYACMT
Where does this Qi come from?
The Qi will be produced by your own body after you eat and breath. The body will produce Qi everyday automatically for your daily consumption of all your body activities.
liuyiacmt

What about Ancestral Chi :smile:

sky 14-11-2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

This meridian was wide open and clear at birth, but it starts to become narrower and narrower from age 16 for male and from age 14 for female, when it become almost close at an older age, the life will also be at it's end,

liuyiacmt

As Meridians cannot be seen nor measured it has to be 'Speculation' only to presume they are wider at birth and become narrowed as time go by :smile:

LYACMT 14-11-2021 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
What about Ancestral Chi :smile:

The level of Ancestral Chi is determined right before the birth, it will also be consumed along with all body activities during the whole life, however, it can be replenished by the Qi that the body produced everyday as long as the total quantity of Qi is sufficient and be maintained at a high level.

What I was talking about is after birth. The things before birth, they are not in your hand. :smile: So it could be meaningless and not much to discuss it.

Guillaume 14-11-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

You could talk to the one who taught you, he should know. :wink:

Mr Internet ?! I've learnt everything by searching on the internet, I've read somewhere that we're coming to the age of "home spirituality" or something, with people like me who looked up information in many sources, and could find an appropriate path without any particular master.

Quote:

It means that you are good at Zhan Zhuang and the total quantity of Qi within your body is at a comparatively high level cause it shows up after you did it for Only One month or Two. Your case is outstanding, cause as far as I know, it will normally take more than half year, and someone whose quantity of Qi is at a lower level, it show ups after years or never.

Thank you for your encouraging message!
I could reach the Samadhi concentration a couple of months before starting Zhan Zhuang, I'm sure it helped a lot. But I was amazed by the power of Zhan Zhuang.
Also, I've always been very fit. People have seen me as a Zen or Tai Chi practitioner way before I knew anything about it.
I practiced martial arts in my early teens (one year only), I don't think I have intellectually learnt anything there, but maybe I could unconsciously grasp a way of thinking, probably some kind of shortcut that I found natural. I remember a warm-up exercise when we should / could feel Chi in our hands, and the teacher looking at me quite scared when I said I could!
But that's it, I've never practiced it again. I can't explain, my best guess is that most people have a blockage where I took an early direct path.

sky 14-11-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

What I was talking about is after birth. The things before birth, they are not in your hand. :smile: So it could be meaningless and not much to discuss it.

I personally find Ancestral Chi to be a very interesting topic and definitely not meaningless but we are all different :smile:

LYACMT 14-11-2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

As Meridians cannot be seen nor measured it has to be 'Speculation' only to presume they are wider at birth and become narrowed as time go by :smile:

You are right.

LYACMT 14-11-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

I personally find Ancestral Chi to be a very interesting topic and definitely not meaningless but we are all different :smile:

Good, please go ahead with what you are interested, may you have fun and peace.:smile:

LYACMT 14-11-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume
Mr Internet ?! I've learnt everything by searching on the internet, I've read somewhere that we're coming to the age of "home spirituality" or something, with people like me who looked up information in many sources, and could find an appropriate path without any particular master.
Thank you for your encouraging message!
I could reach the Samadhi concentration a couple of months before starting Zhan Zhuang, I'm sure it helped a lot.

Great! I can see that you have a great talent. Keep doing what you believe is right and you will be rewarded.

LYACMT 15-11-2021 04:59 AM

Sub-Thread: How to Penetrate Meridian Blockages

Given that the meridian blockages are the points where the meridian spaces vanished by the stickiness of skins and muscles, to clear the blockages is to unstick them, and the ways are as listed but not limited as below:

1.Acupuncture. The acupuncture needle has its attraction towards Qi, so when it is prodded into your body, the Qi nearby would have a tread of gathering together towards the needle which endows the Qi with a moving forces to unstick those stickiness to penetrate the blockages.
2.Moxibustion. The heat radiated from the combustion of folium artemisiae argyi would endows the Qi with more energy of movements by heat transfer so that the Qi would have more moving forces to unstick those stickiness to penetrate the blockages.
3.Tuina. A kind of massage which unstick those stickiness by physical forces. The one who perform tuina should know the routes of meridians.
4.Flap and Brace. Use the palm or some other hard pad to flap on the skin where the blockages are will help to unstick those stickiness. Brace is to make your body become tighten by certain movements. It will more helpful when the two join together.
5.Traditional Chinese Medicine. A powerful medical treatment, no need to explain more.
6.Yoga. As most people know.
7.Meditation. Various meditative techniques from ancient China could clear the blockages by nurture and promoting the productivity of Qi by your own body so that the total quantity of Qi would increase. With more amount, the Qi would have stronger forces to penetrate the blockages under its own intelligence, not any external forces are required.
8.Tai Chi and similar. The body movements and focused mind transferring from one point to another on the body under certain breathe rhythm would endows the Qi with moving forces to penetrate blockages.

May be there are more that I didnt know, but everything listed above are profound which require years of study and practise. So I dont know them all, one or two is enough for me. They are shared here to the members of this forum just in case someone encountered blockages, the above listed could be one of your choices.

Be healthy and peace.