Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Pictures that Bring Perspective (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=135736)

SpiritualMeditator 04-06-2020 08:56 AM

Pictures that Bring Perspective

The Heart Attack

This one image I would most like to communicate to the thousands of people that we deal with each day about the teachings of Jesus.

All of the excuses that we give for not taking Jesus literally would suddenly be exposed for the lies that they are the moment a heart attack would strike any one of us. Death waits for no one. When your time comes, you cannot argue that you are indispensable, that you need to tidy up a few more loose ends first, that you will need to break the news gradually to your relatives, that others will not understand, that it will cost you too much.

The Heart Attack symbolises Death, but it particularly emphasises the suddenness with which it can come. When Jesus says, 'Take up your cross and follow me,' he is telling us to face the reality of death and then, in the light of death and eternity, to ask ourselves whether the demands he is making are really all that unreasonable. (Mark 8:34)

He offers us eternal life; but first we must be willing to die to all that holds us in this life. (Mark 8:35) What a great offer! But only when we keep the reality of death (and the eternity that awaits us) forever in mind.

inavalan 04-06-2020 06:27 PM

I disagree. Nothing in those teachings has to be taken at face value. You need to do your own interpretation of the symbolism.

You want to scare people into believing. Not nice, and not useful for them. For you neither.

AnotherBob 04-06-2020 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inavalan
You want to scare people into believing. Not nice, and not useful for them. For you neither.

A good rule of thumb I have discovered (with the help of many generous people) is that if it comes from a vibration of fear, it is safe to ignore. On the other hand, if it is of the frequency of unconditional love, it is worth receiving. Our heart can discern better than the intellect, although the intellect has its place too in the process of recognition.

inavalan 04-06-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnotherBob
A good rule of thumb I have discovered (with the help of many generous people) is that if it comes from a vibration of fear, it is safe to ignore. On the other hand, if it is of the frequency of unconditional love, it is worth receiving. Our heart can discern better than the intellect, although the intellect has its place too in the process of recognition.

I call intellect without intuition (maybe what you call heart): mediocrity. Very dangerous. I believe ignorance is better than mediocrity. Stupidity is something else.

AnotherBob 04-06-2020 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inavalan
I call intellect without intuition (maybe what you call heart): mediocrity. Very dangerous.

It seems to me that a poverty of emotional intelligence is one of the chief pandemics facing us at this time. That is, the ability to give and receive love beyond fear or any limiting condition.